ATEM Mini with OBS audio/video issues

LotsOKids

I had the audio slip issue as well. You can try changing two settings in OBS and that seemed to help in my setup: Disable buffering in the ATEM properties and set the audio sample rate to 48KHz.

Before I made the changes, if the audio seems way off in the middle of a stream, I would at the right moment deactivate and reactivate the ATEM. That got audio and video back together. I guess a prettier way of doing that would be to have the "deactivate when not showing" selected on the ATEM settings and switch to a scene of a picture and then back again.

thekaratesuit

following this thread as i’m having the same issue… definitely an OBS issue because even when you launch the preferences window, you can see the preview behind it changing rate quickly. disappointing my atem mini and two hdmi cameras are on the verge of getting sold

GlowTimeHD

I will push this thread for 2022 because this still happens with video-input sources like ATEM-Mini Pro or CamLink4K.
The preview of the ATEM Mini is always smooth (50fps) but in OBS you see lower FPS (like 25fps) when for example someone walks from right to left. It's just not smooth.
Buffering seems to help but causes the audio to get out of sync. I used USB-C to C and C to A. Happens on MacOS and Windows.

Someone has to finally look into this!

Fladimir

I will push this thread for 2022 because this still happens with video-input sources like ATEM-Mini Pro or CamLink4K.
The preview of the ATEM Mini is always smooth (50fps) but in OBS you see lower FPS (like 25fps) when for example someone walks from right to left. It's just not smooth.
Buffering seems to help but causes the audio to get out of sync. I used USB-C to C and C to A. Happens on MacOS and Windows.

Someone has to finally look into this!

YES PLEASE! UPDATE OBS THIS AUDIO SYNC ISSUES DRIVE US ALL CRAZY !!

patmos

I intend to buy ATEM mini for church. Please let us all know whether you guys are on MAC or PC. What's your specs?

Hzjr

Same problem here after years trying to fix. Almost unusable to use my atem mini. Tried x264, hardware and software apple, buffering, nothing... My mac is an M1 with 16gb ram. I'm pretty sure that it can handle it

misteko

I think the problem is related to all the video capture devices in OBS. I did many tests with Elgato CamLink 4K and Blackmagic Ultrastudio Recorder Mini. When you have OBS set to 25fps, and you feed something at 25fps, video gets lagging after some time, the only solution is to activate buffering, but it introduces of course random buffering lag, so not usable with audio sync. If I set my camera and my capture cards to 50fps (keeping OBS at 25) everything goes fine for hours, no lagging. So I hope someone at OBS will start caring about this. This is NOT a Blackmagic or ATEM problem, this is not related to the computer or load, any video source at 25fps in OBS start lagging by itself after some time, even without being streaming or recording!

Hzjr

I'm running everything in 30p. I'm going to try set cameras and atem to 60p to see what's happening

Yaw2022

I had the audio slip issue as well. You can try changing two settings in OBS and that seemed to help in my setup: Disable buffering in the ATEM properties and set the audio sample rate to 48KHz.

Before I made the changes, if the audio seems way off in the middle of a stream, I would at the right moment deactivate and reactivate the ATEM. That got audio and video back together. I guess a prettier way of doing that would be to have the "deactivate when not showing" selected on the ATEM settings and switch to a scene of a picture and then back again.
I found the Solution >> Buy blackmagic intensity thunderbolt and use atem mini pro hdmi output to connect to shutter thunderbolt then connect to computer. in obs select 1270 x 720.

iswebster

I’ve had this issue 3 times a week for 2 years now. It occurs on our stout PC and our decently spec’d Mac. We use atem mini and atem mini pro. It happens on both. We’ve tried every combination of fps and encoding. Neither system is being taxed hard on it’s CPU or GPU. And we’ve set everything straight from the camera, to the atem, to the computer, to OBS so everything is transferring the same format. No luck though.

Enabling buffering helps smooth the problem to a tolerable level but the audio video desync has been so troublesome that it’s worse than then jittery image. Unfortunately the buffer seems to be variable and while sometimes it works fine other times it ruins the livestream and is near impossible to edit in post since the drift is not consistent.

I don’t know that it’s an OBS problem. But I can’t confirm it’s anything else either.

Has anyone tried using a different software like Ecamm and had the problem resolve?

anthonynewett

I'd like to continue to push this. I just had a very powerful computer built, hoping the problem would be solved. It is exhibiting the same exact issue. I even upgraded from an ATEM MINI to the ATEM MINI EXTREME (the one with the 8 HDMI inputs). I keep updating firmware when it is available, and I have tried every possible framerate. Nothing fixes this issue, except to toggle buffering, but as we know, this causes there to be an eventual cluttering of the buffer, which increases latency in the video, which causes drift between audio and video sync. I just don't understand why this is happening. I have cheap webcams that are smooth as glass... and the HDMI output from the BM is perfect. Why does it look like crap in OBS? I continually reboot, deactivate/activate the source... it may improve for a minute. Lately, I've even been getting screen tearing. This is a new one. What is going on between my ATEM and my computer? I can't be the cable. I've tried multiple cables. And, I am using USB 3.2 ports. I'm just completely puzzled. Somebody has to discover this fix.

OVTV Studios

I have the same problem as well, did you ever figure out what the issue was?
Did you ever solve this issue? I'm having a similar problem with the Atem Mini Pro into OBS and finding intermittent video jitter, particularly noticeable when someone walks across the frame. All sources and framerates seem to be in sync and the 'clean' hdmi out from the ATEM also has no issues, so looks like it's something in the OBS configuration.