Question / Help ASUS Xonar DG + OBS?

Haliinen

I wish we could solve this mess however. I'm sad that the unified drivers refused to install for you, not saying that you should give it another try though. You're on the latest BIOS as well I'm guessing? Yeah I'm literally out of ideas right now. I'm gonna try to look around for a possible solution before I head off to bed.

EDIT: I'm out of luck, I can't seem to find anything useful on Google, probably didn't search good enough. I hope Jim can help you with this one.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I will try to implement a method of getting multiple desktop audio sources at once. Currently it just uses what ever one's default, which is set in control panel sound settings. I'm grazing over posts a little too much and didn't quite get the gist of the post.

Haliinen

wulfgar, I was going through your recorded video again, can you try to disable the S/PDIF Pass-through Device in Playback devices and disable the other audio devices as well that isn't in use and see what happens.

wulfgar

Jim said:
I will try to implement a method of getting multiple desktop audio sources at once. Currently it just uses what ever one's default, which is set in control panel sound settings. I'm grazing over posts a little too much and didn't quite get the gist of the post.

That would be great!

Haliinen said:
wulfgar, I was going through your recorded video again, can you try to disable the S/PDIF Pass-through Device in Playback devices and disable the other audio devices as well that isn't in use and see what happens.

I had those disabled before I had to reinstall. I tried disabling them again, and even disabled the Speakers and Microphone devices and gave it a try like that (as I could still very easily hear a majority of programs/games via the official Xonar DG drivers), but to no success.

wulfgar

Well, it appears that I can stream again and have audio in the stream. Not sure how long this is going to last, but I'm taking advantage of it! :)

mentiroso

hi, i have the same problem. (SOLVED 2 POSTS BELOW)
i can stream most games adding them as global source (game), for example COD, but then i try CS/Csgo, and they dont work.
the stream is fine but it doesnt have any sound besids the microphone, although i can hear the sound no problem.

uninstalled default drivers, installed unified, same problem.

just wanted to say its not a single person's problem, i'm anxiously awaiting for the solution for this aswell, since OBS is the only software that lets me stream with 0 mouse lag :)

mentiroso

games that do work(WITH GX ENABLED):
cod:bo2

games that dont work(WITH GX):
cs1.6
css
cspromod
csgo
killing floor
saints row 3rd

i don't really understand why cod:bo2 works and all the others i tested didnt :)
sound comes out (i can listen) but OBS doesnt pick it up

mentiroso

found this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1529
he had same problem with same card, solved by disabling GX option on drivers.
did the same, now it works (can stream with sound).
thing is, i've been gaming with gx enabled forever and am used to the positional sound cues it gives, so if you can later on fix this somehow it would be appreciated :)

RisupFIN

I know that this is old topic..

I bought ASUS Xonar DGX soundcard and I'm just wondering is it possible to use voice changer of the Xonar DGX audio center program with OBS? It can be used with other programs like audacity and skype but when I tried obs, it didn't work when I tested. Is ther any way to get it work?