Question / Help Apex Legends Black Screen Issue

possmchicken

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to stream/record Apex Legends for a while now, but for some reason, Apex Legends video will not show up in the Preview, Stream, or Recording at all. I can hear all the sound from the game, but no video. I've watched numerous videos saying to try Display Capture and Game Capture and setup the r5apex.exe as the Window. I've tried all of these, and I've also enabled Run As Administrator for origin.exe, r5apex.exe, and obs32.exe. I also have no other random overlays or applications running when trying this as well. All I get is a black screen for the video, but the audio is fine. Just to clarify this as well, all other games that I've tried work 100% even with the same settings as my Apex Legends source. I have no idea why this one game doesn't work with OBS. I've also tried OBS 32 and 64 bit both. Same issues.

Also, I'm running this on a Desktop, not a laptop, and I only have one display adapter (gpu) and one monitor.

I've attached the latest log showing that it looks like it cannot hook onto r5apex.exe, and yes, I have "Use anti-cheat compatibility hook" enabled for the Apex Legends Game Capture source.

I am completely at a loss and confused since I've literally done everything that I could find on google, Youtube, and forums, so I'm hoping maybe someone can assist. Any help would be awesome!

I've attached my latest log and several screenshots to show the configuration. Just to reiterate, Apex Legends is the only game for me having this issue. All others work properly. I really just want to be able to stream this game, so my friends can watch!

Thank you for any and all help!

Attachments

• 2019-03-16 19-03-21.txt
    70.5 KB · Views: 47
  • obs.PNG
    obs.PNG
    131.9 KB · Views: 102
  • source.PNG
    source.PNG
    130.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

StaceySour

ISSUE RESOLVED:
i do not know why this worked, but...

-updated/reinstalled graphics driver
-uninstalled/reinstalled apex
-CLEARED all the obs settings back to default.
-uninstalled/reinstalled clean version of obs
-re-applied all the SAME settings I had...(settings i had even with issue.)

and it fixed the black screen....

so, clear all OBS settings back to default.
uninstall/reinstall clean copies of geaphics driver, obs, & apex.
then....reapply your obs settings how you had them....
and it should work.

i had tried doing these things before, but had not cleared the obs settings when i did it the first time.... so clearing the settings before reinstalling is key.

Last edited:

Mattk

ISSUE RESOLVED:
i do not know why this worked, but...

-updated/reinstalled graphics driver
-uninstalled/reinstalled apex
-CLEARED all the obs settings back to default.
-uninstalled/reinstalled clean version of obs
-re-applied all the SAME settings I had...(settings i had even with issue.)

and it fixed the black screen....

so, clear all OBS settings back to default.
uninstall/reinstall clean copies of geaphics driver, obs, & apex.
then....reapply your obs settings how you had them....
and it should work.

i had tried doing these things before, but had not cleared the obs settings when i did it the first time.... so clearing the settings before reinstalling is key.
So I’m having something similar but through a capture card. I’ll be streaming just fine then it goes black screen. Usually I get a solid 3 hours out of apex then bam. Video capture is totally black till I reload all the scenes under a new profile in OBS. I don’t have this issue with any other games I stream.

Harold

You aren't having a similar enough problem to warrant using this thread for your issue.

Mattk

You aren't having a similar enough problem to warrant using this thread for your issue.
Seems to me like I am/ black screen Only when I play Apex. I’ve never had this happen with any other game. It is different but there’s a time where it works but everything else seems extremely similar

Harold

And yet you're using a capture card, and neither of the other people in this thread were.

Harold

No possibility of the issues being related due to you using a capture card and everyone else not.