Any way to improve live streaming quality? Lenovo X1 Carbon (5th Gen)

GoDanGo

I would like to keep it at 1080p 60fps. I tried lowering the bitrate, but it started to get a bit to pixelated. I am playing on GeForce Now, so not actually running the game on my Laptop (cloud streaming). Sample with current setup below.

Laptop Specs
I5-6200U
Intel HD Graphics 520
8gb ram
256gb SSD

OBS settings:
Balanced
1080p
60fps
6000 kbs
QuickSync

Sample Stream

qhobbes

You could lower the frame rate to 30, lower the resolution to 720p (or both of those), use a different platform with a higher bitrate rate limit.
Post a streaming log.

GoDanGo

You could lower the frame rate to 30, lower the resolution to 720p (or both of those), use a different platform with a higher bitrate rate limit.
Post a streaming log.
I would really like to keep it at 1080p 60fps. Wondering if there are other tweaks. I will take a log when I get home after work. Thank you.

qhobbes

Add a static border at the bottom of the screen. There's a lot of dynamic content going on there. The more static content, the more bits for dynamic content. Here's a 1920x70 one I whipped up.

Attachments

• divisionbottom.png
    divisionbottom.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 21

GoDanGo

Add a static border at the bottom of the screen. There's a lot of dynamic content going on there. The more static content, the more bits for dynamic content. Here's a 1920x70 one I whipped up.
Thank you! do I add it using OBS?