Any versison of OBS past version 29.0 crashes on startup.

gr4ndsoulfreak

I've tried manual installs, auto updates and I've even checked my logs but I haven't noticed anything that could be causing it. It just loads up, then instantly closes before I can do anything. I don't even notice anything weird in the log files.

Attachments

• 2023-08-27 07-28-42.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 22

DVSsweetdreams

hello :)
I have come to the forums today to ask about exactly the same thing. I open obs, and it immediately closes after about 5 seconds. I have been in touch with StreamElements, and they are looking into it, but they pointed me to contacting obs about it too. I began after the update. I am relieved someone else is having this issue too. Hopefully the obs team are aware of it, or can begin looking into it

Last edited:

PaiSand

Like with all the other issues like this one reported in other threads, start removing completelly any plugin you have installed. I use Tuna and have no issues even on OBS 30 beta 2. The other 2 uses to cause issues on different versions.
Check for updates on the plugins to know if this plugins works correctly with the OBS version you have.
For SE plugin first use the uninstaller they provided, then manually remove the leftover files they keep inside %appdata%\obs-studio\ . They should explain why they keep this files there as it keeps interacting with OBS for no reason.
Now, uninstall OBS and reistall OBS in just in case there's any other file modified by the plugin.
Restar OBS and test.

To the OP, also review and follow directions and recommendations on the analyzer:

gr4ndsoulfreak

Like with all the other issues like this one reported in other threads, start removing completelly any plugin you have installed. I use Tuna and have no issues even on OBS 30 beta 2. The other 2 uses to cause issues on different versions.
Check for updates on the plugins to know if this plugins works correctly with the OBS version you have.
For SE plugin first use the uninstaller they provided, then manually remove the leftover files they keep inside %appdata%\obs-studio\ . They should explain why they keep this files there as it keeps interacting with OBS for no reason.
Now, uninstall OBS and reistall OBS in just in case there's any other file modified by the plugin.
Restar OBS and test.

To the OP, also review and follow directions and recommendations on the analyzer:
Since you specifically mentioned Tuna, I uninstalled both SE.Live and Tuna. Turns out that tuna was causing the issue and removing it stopped the crashes. Thank you!

DVSsweetdreams

Restar OBS and test.

Appreciate your reply. I've just looked into following this today. I looked into the plugin folder, and removed the stream elements. I don't think I have any other plug ins, and didn't want to just delete all in the folder......it all looked important. Anyway, I uninstalled obs and reinstalled without SE, and unfortunately the same is happening for me :( I'm attaching my logfile. Please keep in mind that I'm very basic with behind the scenes pc lingo/work

DVSsweetdreams

ok, so I saw another post asking about obs crashing on startup. I followed the instructions to do a manual deletion and manual install of obs, and it has fixed the issue :) Thank you in advance <3