An encoder error occurred while recording

urso_kuma

Can anyone help me.

I got a new laptop and try to record my zoom meeting, but when i try to, OBS show "an encoder occurred while recording"

My Laptop specification:
Model: Asus X415JA
Processor: Intel i3-1005G1
Graphic: Intel UHD Graphics ver. 27.20.100.8681 (only GPU) (newest)
Memory: 4GB
DirectX: DirectX 12

Attachments

• 2021-03-23 18-02-25.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 21

Lawrence_SoCal

That log is too short and doesn't show recording/streaming (think 5+ minutes of content)
That is a REAL low-end CPU, optimized for battery life, not the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding.
I recommend watching hardware resource utilization Performance Monitor and/or Resource Monitor to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings

urso_kuma

That log is too short and doesn't show recording/streaming (think 5+ minutes of content)
That is a REAL low-end CPU, optimized for battery life, not the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding.
I recommend watching hardware resource utilization Performance Monitor and/or Resource Monitor to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings
i see, so it's impossible to use OBS with my new laptop

Lawrence_SoCal

I didn't say impossible ... and this has nothing to do with OBS and everything to do with real-time video encoding for which your new but low-end laptop is a poor fit

can you get OBS to work? maybe.... time to monitor your computer (learn how if you don't know how already) and the research optimizing Operating System and then OBS (or any other real-time video encoding software) for low RAM, under-powered systems.. good luck

OBS has a Stats window to show some basics. I suspect you'll see a bunch of Red warnings of an overloaded (ie over-tasked) PC

urso_kuma

i'm sorry can you teach me how to do it? i'm really don't have much time to search and learn to do it myself

i would really appreciate it