Question / Help AMD VCE makes obs crash randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnag9

i've been streaming cs:go at twitch with okeyish quality at 1080p ingame - 720p downscale 24fps with quality preset+lanczos at 2500bitrate.

however randomly(sometimes after 20mins of streaming - sometimes after 3 hours), obs will stop responding (it almost feels like a driver crash) and i'll have a freeze for a few secs and then i'll have to reopen it as a new stream.

any idea what is going on?

i dont have any issue with temps, or unstable overclocks or whatsoever.

card is an asus r9 280x

im attaching the crash log.

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2016-06-18_1.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 36

c3r1c3

3 things come to mind:
1. Your'e supposed to post in the VCE thread if you use that version of OBS.
2. OBS Studio has better support for VCE (at least in some ways) so if you have to use VCE, maybe upgrade to Studio.
3. You have a CPU that's powerful enough to do x264, which will look a hell of a lot better then VCE at streaming bitrates... so why aren't you using it?

Carnag9

Oh, im really sorry about this.

i was not aware.

the cpu is oc'd at 4.5ghz with a h110i wc solution, but it still does not let me stream without a significant fps hit..

can i leave this post here and redirect from the vce forum?

c3r1c3

Use x264: Set your fps to 30, and your downscale resolution to 1.5 (that should make it 1280x720), or 2.0 (that should make it 960x540) and try that. Your stream will look much better, and you won't have nearly as large of a CPU hit.

Benman2785

that is "normal" -> i also have this - but usually it is once all 2-5h, so it should be ok // sometimes when i load CSGO OBS crashes or when i start recording/streaming

ps try to check "Disable D3D/OpenCL interoperability" because Win8 or higher need that to be more stable
pps try the new version of OBS VCE (from 06/2016) - also try settings i provided

ppps please all who have Problems with Jackun's OBS VCE fork report on https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/

Status
Not open for further replies.