Question / Help AMD Switchable Graphics Issues [FIXED]

eycabelo

Hello people
I would like to ask about something interesting that happened to me a week ago I started using the OBS with the external video card AMD [Dell 5547], but that out of nowhere the application came to only work with the internal board of Intel, the which forced me to capture the screen of the game via windows / displays.
As soon as I try to open the app using amd, the error automatically appears.
Attached, I send the Crash Report, if anyone can analyze, I would greatly appreciate it! : D
Thx

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    42.3 KB · Views: 32

Suslik V

Then you need to remove AMD encoder plugin from your OBS Studio (AMD encoder will be unavailable for you). But before doing this, please, upload latest log-file from the "%APPDATA%\obs-studio\logs" folder (more info here https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/). Because, big chance that your driver is not up to date (you need to install new one manually, from the AMD site).

To remove the AMD encoder plugin from the OBS Studio you need:
  • create new empty folder on your PC. For example, "C:\Temp"
  • from OBS Studio install folder, move the file (via drag-n-drop or cut/paste) "obs-plugins\64bit\enc-amf.dll" to the new folder you had created earlier.
  • from OBS Studio 32bit install folder (if any), move the file (via drag-n-drop or cut/paste) "obs-plugins\32bit\enc-amf.dll" to the new folder you had created earlier.

eycabelo

Suslik you really saved my LIFEstream hahahaha
I just remove the files that you said and now Obs(WithAMD) works perfectly <3