Question / Help AMD OBS encoder crashing every time help please.

shure

Hello everyone , im here because im trying to stream whit the AMD enconder whit my RX580 Sapphire Turbo but its impossible i do everything but nothing change every time i get the same crash this is the log of the crash : https://obsproject.com/logs/b0XQs9cTFPPV7f8J i need help its getting really heavy to stream whit the CPU on games whit high CPU usage and my stream its geting slow and have stucks on my viewers , i really need help please.

Attachments

• Crash log OBS whit AMD encoder.txt
    150 KB · Views: 59

takapoipoi

hello. i'm late for a year to reply. maybe i can help you fix your RX 580 streaming setting setup.
i'm also have RX 580 but 8gb vram and using AMD encoder to stream my games. maybe you can change some settings in OBS like mine.
make sure you update your AMD driver and OBS to the latest version. mine currently AMD driver 20.9.2 and OBS 26.0.2.

note 1: RX 580 can't deliver quality over 1080p output resolution, GPU and stream will become lag, if you want to stream at 1080p only, option 1,2,3 is yours. otherwise, option 4,5,6 is quality with lower resolution.
note 2: if you don't want to mess up with advanced setting, only basic, go with option 1,4.
note 3: the only different here is SPEED preset and QUALITY preset. RX 580 with SPEED preset do support 1080p stream (no lag) but will give LOW QUALITY video for viewers. RX 580 with QUALITY preset do give viewers BETTER QUALITY video (not the best) but lower resolution.
note 4: bitrate is up to your internet capability. mine only goes to 10mbps so i pick 6mbps.
note 5: if you see any changes or warning error during streaming, tick box "enforce streaming service encoder settings" in advannced output (option 2,3,5,6).

option 1: 1080p60fps speed preset simple output.
1602194648107.png

1602194668810.png

option 2: 1080p60fps speed preset advanced output. basic mode.
1602194909543.png

1602194668810.png

option 3: 1080p60fps speed preset advanced output. master mode.
1602195288363.png

1602195329608.png

1602194668810.png

option 4: 864p60fps quality preset simple output.
1602195815247.png

1602195835635.png

option 5: 864p60fps quality preset advanced output. basic mode.
1602195925839.png

1602195835635.png

option 6: 864p60fps quality preset advanced output. master mode.
1602196081757.png

1602196140043.png

1602195835635.png

nat0rade

hello. i'm late for a year to reply. maybe i can help you fix your RX 580 streaming setting setup.
i'm also have RX 580 but 8gb vram and using AMD encoder to stream my games. maybe you can change some settings in OBS like mine.
make sure you update your AMD driver and OBS to the latest version. mine currently AMD driver 20.9.2 and OBS 26.0.2.

note 1: RX 580 can't deliver quality over 1080p output resolution, GPU and stream will become lag, if you want to stream at 1080p only, option 1,2,3 is yours. otherwise, option 4,5,6 is quality with lower resolution.
note 2: if you don't want to mess up with advanced setting, only basic, go with option 1,4.
note 3: the only different here is SPEED preset and QUALITY preset. RX 580 with SPEED preset do support 1080p stream (no lag) but will give LOW QUALITY video for viewers. RX 580 with QUALITY preset do give viewers BETTER QUALITY video (not the best) but lower resolution.
note 4: bitrate is up to your internet capability. mine only goes to 10mbps so i pick 6mbps.
note 5: if you see any changes or warning error during streaming, tick box "enforce streaming service encoder settings" in advannced output (option 2,3,5,6).

option 1: 1080p60fps speed preset simple output.
View attachment 61824
View attachment 61825

option 2: 1080p60fps speed preset advanced output. basic mode.
View attachment 61826
View attachment 61825

option 3: 1080p60fps speed preset advanced output. master mode.
View attachment 61827
View attachment 61828
View attachment 61825

option 4: 864p60fps quality preset simple output.
View attachment 61830
View attachment 61831

option 5: 864p60fps quality preset advanced output. basic mode.
View attachment 61832
View attachment 61831

option 6: 864p60fps quality preset advanced output. master mode.
View attachment 61833
View attachment 61834
View attachment 61831
You are a Godsend.

Excellent screenshots, been looking for this EVERYWHERE. Let's hope this helps. The only real difference I see is you use Lanczos vs Bicubic, but I find my stream looking somewhat pixelated during FPS games at 720p 60fps

takapoipoi

You are a Godsend.

Excellent screenshots, been looking for this EVERYWHERE. Let's hope this helps. The only real difference I see is you use Lanczos vs Bicubic, but I find my stream looking somewhat pixelated during FPS games at 720p 60fps
hey thanks man!! i'm appreciate it!!

actually, downscale filter is not the problem for pixelated, i even try the 'bilinear' still pixelated, the problem is the AMF (AMD encoder) itself. AMF is not the best encoder for streaming. but it is what it is compared to NVENC, Nvidia best streaming quality.

the screenshots i provided maybe be the best quality setting for AMD card but be sure to tick the 'enforce streaming encoder settings' if the frame dropped or something red warning glow up.

for my updated setting, i set downscale filter to 'bilinear' with option 3 screenshots for performance + smooth playback stream video (performance + high resolution over quality). both OpenCL options maybe useless, so disable it much more better. for queue size, i maxed out to 32 because encoder will be overload if i set to 1 (overload = laggy stream). i didn't read the info carefully :(.

RX 580, in my opinion, is somehow weak-to-average GPU to stream heavy Triple A title games, very laggy eventho you lowered the graphic setting or whatsoever related. but if you're streaming light FPS/Online games like Valorant, RX 580 is a good card for streaming those type of games, no need to upgrade to Nvidia.

if you want to checkout my stream quality video, you can visit my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBe5GKvIBum3f0amU4Lfmfg

nat0rade

hey thanks man!! i'm appreciate it!!

actually, downscale filter is not the problem for pixelated, i even try the 'bilinear' still pixelated, the problem is the AMF (AMD encoder) itself. AMF is not the best encoder for streaming. but it is what it is compared to NVENC, Nvidia best streaming quality.

the screenshots i provided maybe be the best quality setting for AMD card but be sure to tick the 'enforce streaming encoder settings' if the frame dropped or something red warning glow up.

for my updated setting, i set downscale filter to 'bilinear' with option 3 screenshots for performance + smooth playback stream video (performance + high resolution over quality). both OpenCL options maybe useless, so disable it much more better. for queue size, i maxed out to 32 because encoder will be overload if i set to 1 (overload = laggy stream). i didn't read the info carefully :(.

RX 580, in my opinion, is somehow weak-to-average GPU to stream heavy Triple A title games, very laggy eventho you lowered the graphic setting or whatsoever related. but if you're streaming light FPS/Online games like Valorant, RX 580 is a good card for streaming those type of games, no need to upgrade to Nvidia.

if you want to checkout my stream quality video, you can visit my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBe5GKvIBum3f0amU4Lfmfg

So you actually addressed a few questions I had. I use BiCubic because using these same settings for whatever reason I notice a smoother, more high quality stream with no increase in demand CPU/GPU wise on my PC. Second, I keep OpenCL Transfer and Conversion disabled mainly because I have a Ryzen processor and these settings typically only benefit Intel from what I have read.

Lastly, I cannot find anywhere what the queue size does. I had it at 1 with no issues, I set it to 32 as you advised, because from what I have read 14-32 is standard, nobody really uses 1 at all.

Even with Queue Size at 1, these settings got all Green checks on the Twitch Stream test I ran when I was live last night for 6 hours. I adjusted the queue size, but overall these settings are WAY better than what I was using enforcing the stream encoder settings.

Definitely upgrading to a 3070 when they become available, I've had the money set aside for a while, but in the meantime this is a great post, one of the only ones I could find especially in regards to AMD cards on these forums or anywhere else.

Thanks again!