Allow users to create and save multiple layout presets like they do profiles or scenes.

SequencesNone

While OBS allows users to save multiple variations of profiles and scenes, it doesn't allow users to save multiple layouts. (as in the position of captures within the preview itself)

If I'm recording a video, I have to set the entire layout up to have my video capture preview as the sole object on my preview screen. If I decide to stream after that, I have to then rearrange everything (maybe throw my video capture preview in the corner and add a game capture screen)

If I'm recording for a specific vertical video service like TikTok or Instagram, I have to again rearrange things vertically to fit the need.

This process can be repetitive and time consuming. It seems like a no brainer for OBS to have the ability to save these types of layouts in the way you would save presets. OBS might even be able to give the user preset layouts for each stream service as a means of simplifying the setup process for users.

AaronD

This would indeed be nice! I have a bunch of different uses myself, and it would be nice to de-clutter some of them. Fortunately, they're not so different from each other that I can't use a general-purpose layout for all of them, but it would still be nice to have them tailored to each use and (at least) passed as command-line arguments like the --profile and --collection are.