Resource icon

AJA Output Filter 0.2.3

Greg Corson

Hi, right now this plugin immediately grabs my AJA card on startup which prevents other programs from using it. I routinely use Unreal Engine for Virtual production which reads video from my AJA card, then I use OBS to screen-record for tutorials. Can't do that with this plugin enabled.

Also, I have a AJA Kona-HDMI which is input-only, so since this is an output filter it shouldn't even try to open that particular card.

A work around seems to be to take the "aja" plugin files out of the obs plugins folder. Though I assume they will come back if I get an OBS update.

It would be nice if there was a simple "off" switch for the plugin, or if it just didn't attempt to access the card till you startup the filter.

norihiro

Hi, right now this plugin immediately grabs my AJA card on startup which prevents other programs from using it. I routinely use Unreal Engine for Virtual production which reads video from my AJA card, then I use OBS to screen-record for tutorials. Can't do that with this plugin enabled.

Also, I have a AJA Kona-HDMI which is input-only, so since this is an output filter it shouldn't even try to open that particular card.

A work around seems to be to take the "aja" plugin files out of the obs plugins folder. Though I assume they will come back if I get an OBS update.

It would be nice if there was a simple "off" switch for the plugin, or if it just didn't attempt to access the card till you startup the filter.
When you disable the filter (by clicking eye icon in the list named "Effect Filters". Isn't this sufficient for your case?

If you remove this filter ("obs-aja-output-filter.so") and still you have the problem, the problem should be asked on the support channel of OBS Studio (Discord server or the forums).

Is the device listed in "AJA I/O Device Output" from the Tool menu as well? If listed, it should be reported to obs-studio. This plugin just reuse the same property as the AJA I/O Device Output so that I guess the list should be same.

norihiro

norihiro updated AJA Output Filter with a new update entry:

OBS AJA Output Filter 0.2.0

This is an experimental release of AJA Output Filter plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes at 0.2.0
  • Support macOS on Apple Silicon with OBS 28.
  • Provide an installer for macOS instead of DMG file.
Note that there is no changes in source code from 0.1.0 but only build-flow is modified.

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are tested.
    • Windows: never tested.
    • MacOS: never tested.
    • Ubuntu: never tested but the source...

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

OBS AJA Output Filter 0.2.1

Changes at 0.2.1
  • Fixed UUIDs for macOS installer, which were same as those in obs-plugintemplate.

Changes at 0.2.0
  • Support macOS on Apple Silicon with OBS 28.
  • Provide an installer for macOS instead of DMG file.
Note that there is no changes in source code from 0.1.0 but only build-flow is modified.

Limitation...

norihiro

OBS AJA Output Filter 0.2.2

Changes at 0.2.2
  • macOS: Fixed directory structure.
  • macOS: Provides universal binary (x86_64 and arm64) for OBS 28.

Limitation
    • Ubuntu: never tested but the source code is tested on CentOS Stream 9...

norihiro

AJA Output Filter 0.2.3

Changes at 0.2.3
  • Linux: Fixed the plugin is not loaded by OBS Studio 28.
  • Linux: Fixed the source is not available on OBS Studio 27.

Limitation
    • Ubuntu: never tested but the source code is tested on CentOS Stream 9.