Bug Report After waking no sound from audio monitoring source

Godsvip

This was extremely embarrassing as we went live on Facebook to read Scripture from the Bible assuming all was well after testing multiple times before the broadcast.
Went through testing process live on Facebook and recording. All audio output and monitoring sources worked properly.
I left the OBS app running with all hardware connected then put the Macbook pro to sleep to await scheduled live feed.
When I wakened the Mac and started the broadcast, everything worked except there was no sound coming through my monitoring device.
I'm using a Blue Yeti to record and monitor through. I am using an external speaker plugged into the Yeti monitoring headphone jack.
I literally had to shut down the OBS software then open it back up again, so I had to end the live event and start it back up again! This was after I unplugged the Yeti and plugged it back in.
After I did this all audio including the monitoring device worked.
I don't understand how putting my Mac to sleep would cause a problem with this???
I've attached the log file of the session this happened in. I looked at it and it doesn't appear to have logged any kind of change to the profile from the Mac being asleep. You'll see a lag of time between 17:13:04.988 and 18:47:14.350. This is when the Mac was asleep.
Any help is much appreciated

Attachments

• 2020-01-06 16-44-38.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 14

Narcogen

I would never recommend setting up audio input sources in OBS or any other recording or broadcasting program and then putting the machine to sleep and attempting to resume from sleep.

If you can't keep the machine powered after testing before running the broadcast, quit OBS before sleeping the machine and relaunch it again after waking and re-test.

Godsvip

I would never recommend setting up audio input sources in OBS or any other recording or broadcasting program and then putting the machine to sleep and attempting to resume from sleep.

If you can't keep the machine powered after testing before running the broadcast, quit OBS before sleeping the machine and relaunch it again after waking and re-test.

Thanks for the advice. I still really don't understand why this would be a problem though.