after 27.1.1 I can't game capture Celeste

sleepy__dan__`

So i updated to 27.1.1 last night and now game capture isn't working specifically for the game Celeste. I've asked some friends and they're able to game capture celeste just fine... I tried another game and it seems to work for me as well. If it ever does work for celeste, i get one frame and that's it. here's a log file with a couple minutes of failed capture attempts. https://obsproject.com/logs/pvA7PXbx4HcIPyCU

sleepy__dan__`

Just want to tack onto this -- I just downgraded back to 27.0.1 and game capture for celeste works just fine. So I have no doubt it's related to the update I had just downloaded.

The patch notes for 27.1.1 also mention:
"Improved internal behaviour in the game capture source to avoid unnecessary re-hooking [rcdrone]"
which sounds related.

PetrovMonster

So i updated to 27.1.1 last night and now game capture isn't working specifically for the game Celeste. I've asked some friends and they're able to game capture celeste just fine... I tried another game and it seems to work for me as well. If it ever does work for celeste, i get one frame and that's it. here's a log file with a couple minutes of failed capture attempts. https://obsproject.com/logs/pvA7PXbx4HcIPyCU

in CS if me run faceit anticheat too dont work.
part log (
05:51:40.971: [game-capture: 'CS'] using helper (compatibility hook)
05:51:40.975: [game-capture: 'CS'] hook not loaded yet, retrying..
)

"Improved internal behaviour in the game capture source to avoid unnecessary re-hooking [rcdrone]"
which sounds related.

all right this "Improved" destroy true re-hooking.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
We believe this is caused by an updated certificate/signature on the game capture DLL, and it's up to FaceIt to whitelist us.

Mister36

Just want to tack onto this -- I just downgraded back to 27.0.1 and game capture for celeste works just fine. So I have no doubt it's related to the update I had just downloaded.

which sounds related.

So far, Every single instance of game capture not working has been because of conflicts, apart from Face-it Anti-cheat for CS:GO. There is no overall "bug" with game capture in the new version.

Your log indicates this, as the "Capture stopped" message is essentially "I have a conflict". It's most commonly been RTSS/MSI Afterburner, which is already on the known conflicts list.

PetrovMonster

Your log indicates this, as the "Capture stopped" message is essentially "I have a conflict". It's most commonly been RTSS/MSI Afterburner, which is already on the known conflicts list.
very more months me capture faceit games matches as game-capture and other matches only as window why after update dont work? Me dont use RTSS/MSI Afterburner and etc.

sleepy__dan__`

Thank you, disabling MSI Afterburner fixed the problem. Although this conflict never caused any issues before this update, and downpatching to 27.0.1 does allow OBS and Afterburner to both hook into Celeste successfully. I guess I can live without Afterburner though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mister36

Thank you, disabling MSI Afterburner fixed the problem. Although this conflict never caused any issues before this update, and downpatching to 27.0.1 does allow OBS and Afterburner to both hook into Celeste successfully. I guess I can live without Afterburner though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There were some changes to the way game hooking is done in OBS which we are finding out is causing some conflicts to appear more often. I would imagine it depends on when you start afterburner, since I think if you start it after the game capture is working it doesn't conflict

Sarhan14

So far, Every single instance of game capture not working has been because of conflicts, apart from Face-it Anti-cheat for CS:GO. There is no overall "bug" with game capture in the new version.

Thank you so much for pointing this out, I was getting so much frustrated by this.

There were some changes to the way game hooking is done in OBS which we are finding out is causing some conflicts to appear more often. I would imagine it depends on when you start afterburner, since I think if you start it after the game capture is working it doesn't conflict

I think it was RTSS which was conflicting, but never had this issue before, anyways I tried re-opening RTSS after launching the game the issue persist but when I try the same with MSI Afterburner game capture work as intended.