Advanced x264 settings streamers should know

All Versions Advanced x264 settings streamers should know

Reignendt

Reignendt submitted a new resource:

A couple of recommended advanced x264 settings - x264

At the moment the OBS community does not recommend any advanced x264 settings, because the default settings are good as is. However, there are a couple of settings I would like to make more people aware of, that actually will make your live stream look better in some cases.

The first setting I would like to introduce to novice live streamers is the direct setting.
This setting has three modes: spatial (default), temporal and none. If you are someone who...

Read more about this resource...

nezvers

What about settings for posting videos on twitter? I've tried most of the settings made sense for me but ALWAYS twitter make them as awfull as it's possible. I'm developing a game and I want to post some promotional materials. I'm pretty familiar with OBS for making videos on youtube and doing streaming, but god damn that twitter.
Guys who have nice videos answered they use default settings, but it doesn't work for me.
There's info about some video properties but that's not it.
  • Minimum resolution: 32 x 32
  • Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)
  • Aspect ratios: 1:2.39 - 2.39:1 range (inclusive)
  • Maximum frame rate: 40 fps
  • Maximum bitrate: 25 Mbps

Reignendt

What about settings for posting videos on twitter? I've tried most of the settings made sense for me but ALWAYS twitter make them as awfull as it's possible. I'm developing a game and I want to post some promotional materials. I'm pretty familiar with OBS for making videos on youtube and doing streaming, but god damn that twitter.
Guys who have nice videos answered they use default settings, but it doesn't work for me.
There's info about some video properties but that's not it.
  • Minimum resolution: 32 x 32
  • Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)
  • Aspect ratios: 1:2.39 - 2.39:1 range (inclusive)
  • Maximum frame rate: 40 fps
  • Maximum bitrate: 25 Mbps

Could you post a sample video so we can see what it looks like?