Advanced scene switcher causing cap card to freeze

Mattk

After much poking around I disabled the advanced scene switcher and it resolved an issue with my capture card randomly freezing while streaming. I couldn’t figure out why out of the blue my capture card started freezing up during streams. Would happen at random intervals sometimes no freeze for five hours sometimes three freezes and 30 minutes. I switched capture cards I checked OBS for updates I could not figure out for the life of me why this all started. I then found a thread claiming that disabling the advanced seen switcher resolved a similar issue. I had myself recently just installed the advancing switcher. Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so are they aware of it and is there a work around or fix in the works?

Mattk

1. we need a log file best from a session where your capture card freeze
2. Type of your Capture card Manufacturer and Model.
3. if its an USB device did you use it in more than one scene ?
4. if its an USB device did you have check that you didnt have connect more than 1 Capture device / sounddevice per USB roothub ?
It’s an El Gato HD 60 S + into a usb by itself. Again the issue is resolved by turning off the advanced scene switcher. Found threads saying they had the same issue with multiple different capture cards and the advanced scene switcher was the culprit. Would just like it resolved as I like using that plug in. I’m currently at work so I can’t provide the data.

Warmuptill

It’s an El Gato HD 60 S + into a usb by itself. Again the issue is resolved by turning off the advanced scene switcher. Found threads saying they had the same issue with multiple different capture cards and the advanced scene switcher was the culprit. Would just like it resolved as I like using that plug in. I’m currently at work so I can’t provide the data.
What kind of settings have you configured in the scene switcher?
Not sure how the plugin would interact with the capture card in any way besides switching to or away from a scene where the capture card is active.

Mattk

What kind of settings have you configured in the scene switcher?
Not sure how the plugin would interact with the capture card in any way besides switching to or away from a scene where the capture card is active.
Was only using the scene transition feature. I’m guessing it’s where it’s constantly checking to see if it needs to transition that sometimes freezes it up. When the freeze occurs only the capture card freezes the camera continues to function but audio is lost and the cap card image is frozen. Resetting the capture card has no effect either. It’s like the image is frozen in OBS.