Advanced Audio Properties - Monitor and Output when different monitor device selected in Settings/Audio

RadioUser

Hi, hope I ma doing something really stupid... running OBS 27.1.3 on a Windows 10 (64) laptop

Yesterday I did a presentation using a Focusrite 2i2 soundcard as the monitoring device. This device was set us as the Monitoring Device in Settings/Audio I had to go through all the Scenes/Sources and change the Advanced Audio Properties from Monitor Off to Monitor and Output for all the media sources - worked perfectly yesterday. Stream an absolute success.

Today, not having the Focusrite soundcard connected I modified the Settings/Audio - Monitoring Device to the laptop internal speakers. I then tried to play the media sources, silence? Only way I could get to hear the media sources again was to change Monitor and Output to Monitor Off, and then back to Monitor and Output? Surely if you change the Monitoring device, the settings in Advanced Audio Properties should follow the Audio Monitoring Device? Maybe worth noting that I also have the Audio Monitor Device Plugin - settings of this was set with no output device? No changes were made to the Audio Monitor settings? Again hopefully doing something stupid :-(

What would be great if not already a forth coming feature is allowing you to see the Advanced Audio Setting along the top of the meter in the Audio Mixer Window - e.g. traffic light colour square (could be anything?) for coloured square (or circle)... red - Monitor Off, amber - Monitor Only (mute output), green - Monitor and output. For info I had clicked on the Monitor Only (mute output) and when the media source played, metering was still active which made me think the audio was playing in the stream, it wasn't :-( I did mange to quickly fix! If there ad been an indicator it would have been spotted before the stream started and corrected in the rehearsal :-)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, OBS is such a great app :-) best regards