Adjust "Advanced Audio Properties" through other means

Chip_Brewster

There's lots of good stuff in the Advanced Audio Properties dialog box. How awesome would it be hit a hot key or macro to slide your audio channel between Left Right and Center (super awesome, that's what). Or flip the monitoring between Monitor Off, Monitor Only, and both.

Honestly for me all I care about is the Balance adjustment. I would love to have a button to slide that bar between L and center because of how my video feeds come in. WHO'S WITH ME??!?!

da_bu11et

I would really like a hot key to switch audio between monitor and monitor and output absolutely gold, especially when playing music and then need to fucus up but not stop music for stream.

AaronD

That sounds to me like something for the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin to add. Looks like it's trying to be a one-stop shop for all automation and control. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets integrated into OBS itself like the WebSocket plugin did.

AaronD

I would really like a hot key to switch audio between monitor and monitor and output absolutely gold, especially when playing music and then need to fucus up but not stop music for stream.
There's this now:
You'll have to be logged into GitHub to download it (free to sign up), or you can wait for the next formal release, which hasn't happened yet.

That should get you going, exactly as you described: set up a macro to look for a named hotkey, which creates that name in OBS's settings, and then you use the normal process to assign your "finger gymnastics" to that name. Now that hotkey triggers the macro, which changes the monitoring setting.