Add "Start Virtual Camera" to taskbar icon on Right-Click

Ryzen_Inu

1613661437399.png

It would be cool to quickly enable/disable the Virtual Camera like we can Stream/Record on this taskbar right-click menu.

qhobbes

Great idea. In the meantime you can use a Hotkey such as Ctrl+5 to start/stop the virtual camera.

Jonathanl

Ctrl 5 does not seem to work as a hotkey shortcut on my stream deck to start the OBS Virtual camera. Kindly advise on the best short key/hotkey code, in clear simply terms for non-tech-savvy member. Thanks so much.

qhobbes

Settings, Hotkeys, click in the "Start Virtual Camera *" box, press the desired hotkey (ex. Ctrl+5), do the same thing for "Stop Virtual Camera *", apply, ok

DutchiePlays

Settings, Hotkeys, click in the "Start Virtual Camera *" box, press the desired hotkey (ex. Ctrl+5), do the same thing for "Stop Virtual Camera *", apply, ok
I followed these instructions but OBS doesn't respond to the hotkey. How can I fix this. I use OBS 28.0.3 64-bit on a Windows 11 laptop.

DutchiePlays

I followed these instructions but OBS doesn't respond to the hotkey. How can I fix this. I use OBS 28.0.3 64-bit on a Windows 11 laptop.
@qhobbes I apparently had hotkeys turned off oops. Howev I still can't connect the hotkey I set in OBS to the hotkey on my Stream Deck. It doesn't respond when using Stream Deck, but it does respond when I press ctrl+5 in OBS manually. I use OBS 28.0.3 64-bit on a Windows 11 laptop. Is this possible and how do I fix it if possible?

edit: never mind, all of a sudden its working again. I don't know why or how.