A minor issue but an issue none the less

D

Deleted member 266601

I've been trying to learn OBS and optimize it the best that I can, but there's one tiny wrinkle I can't seem to fix, nor can I seem to locate the issue. This issue is exclusively with record (or rather I exclusively use OBS to record, I lack the internet speed to stream, I can't even stream a game through Discord on lowest settings possible) OBS encoding gets overloaded at what appears to be completely random times, this can fluctuate from 30 seconds to 20 minutes into the recording (or last Encoding overload), I know I caught it in these 2 logs (it's 2 due to the fact that I realized that logs are generated upon OBS launching, not OBS starting up a recording like I previously thought)

So I ask of you, kind reader, what is it that I am doing wrong here? Is it something obvious that I'm completely overlooking? Is it something that I should have come here to get help on because I lack the technical knowhow to fix it? OBS is not even cracking 10 percent of my CPU usage and my overall computer isn't using close to 25% CPU usage (similar circumstances for RAM and Disk usage, but those 2 fluctuate a bit more depending on the game that I am playing)

OR is there an option to have exporting not be done in real time? For Exporting to be done *after* the video is recorded, much like Elgato or Fraps does. Given that I do not stream, that is a trade off I'd be willing to make if it means not having encoding getting overloaded.

Attachments

• 2020-07-25 04-06-38.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2020-07-25 04-06-46.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 19