Question / Help 5 Good Custom x264 Encoder Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabura667

Just so everyone knows, these presets he is pasting are gaming presets a person from niconico live in Japan made for xsplit.

He basically just opened the preset files with a text editor and copied and pasted.

As for me, it works VERY WELL with all the restrictions niconico live places (cap 384kBps stream rate with a resolution that would make any gamer cry (524 x360 or something like that)

When I broadcast on niconico, these presets are like night and day...

but twitch, at 720p, and 2mbps stream... hmm, notsomuch. But then of course my rig is very very competent, so I won't speak for all.

I had already copy pasted these presets into OBS and has been using them, and I found this, and chuckled.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Very interesting...so these settings seem to be aimed at helping improve low-resolution low-bitrate streams in particuar?

dabura667

Yeah, pretty much.

This is a Japanese blog talking about how to use XSplit to stream at the best quality under Niconico's restrictions.

http://looooooooop.blog35.fc2.com/blog- ... 84.html#dl

the #dl part will set your browser to scroll to the dl link automatically. the link should look like this > プリセット配布先

xsplitpreset_v13 or something is the latest. NLE is the Niconico Live Encoder, which is a free rip off of Xsplit that can only broadcast to niconico (and doesn't have hardly any advanced settings.)

But yeah, this is all mostly irrelevant to people who use normal streaming services...

I saw a website explaining why the site charges 525 yen a month to broadcast + limits to 384kbps, they were saying... ohhh well if we increased the bandwidth cap, we wouldn't be able to sustain the 5,500 simultaneous broadcast cap! And it costs money to run servers!

The plaster ads, take money from broadcasters, limit broadcasts to 30 minutes, and charge for extensions (if you want to continuously broadcast), charge to reserve a timeslot (guaranteeing you a slot at that time), and a whole bunch of other things that grind my gears...... and yet, a lot of my followers there say they don't like twitch and ustream, because they like the whole comment scrolling across the screen thing...

That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I swear, Japanese people love domestic websites and products to death... another reason why Xbone is prolly going to be dead on arrival here in Japan.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Well PS4 also has twitch streaming functionality. Maybe that will open them up to twitch. Or perhaps, maybe get twitch to start getting serious about more international servers, asian as well hopefully.

I really don't like having to deal with niconico. These guys are crooks, and japanese people know no better because it's "what people use" over there. Twitch thrives on PC-based streaming as well as console streaming, but in japan few people really play games on PCs, the majority have the mindset of "console or bust". I'm hoping that maybe PS4 streaming will get more people to be willing to use an actual sensible service for once rather than the god awful niconico.

Status
Not open for further replies.