Question / Help 2PC setup with capture card, screen tearing and bad FPS on OBS recordings

Boildown

Its not that latency, its a difference between the video, its audio, and any other video and audio you may have (microphone, webcam, etc). They'll be out of sync and you'll have to go through some trouble to fix it.

The SC-512N1-L/DVI is better, but also more expensive. A forum search here will turn up a lot of details.

Darker

Not noticeable unless you analyze the video under a microscope.

I am not sure if I want to use an USB device.

Its not that latency, its a difference between the video, its audio, and any other video and audio you may have (microphone, webcam, etc). They'll be out of sync and you'll have to go through some trouble to fix it.

The SC-512N1-L/DVI is better, but also more expensive. A forum search here will turn up a lot of details.

If the latency is constant it shouldn't be hard to delay the audio in OBS, set it and forget it. Anyway, would I be good with the AVerMedia Live Gamer HD C985?

Boildown

I think so, but have you checked to see if you can set your screen cloning to 1080p120 on one screen, 1080p60 on the other?

Darker

I think so, but have you checked to see if you can set your screen cloning to 1080p120 on one screen, 1080p60 on the other?

AMD seems to be very buggy but I did manage to play with 1080p120 on my main monitor mirrored in 1080p60 to the capture card.

Boildown

Ok, then it should work. Remember that the AVG HD can take a 1080p60 input, but only save or stream it at 1080p30. Alternatively you can downscale it to 720p60 and it'll work that way too. If you want full 1080p60 you're best off with the SC-512N1-L/DVI, but that's only really good for saving to disk, there's no point in streaming that, its too much for Flash player.

Darker

Ok, then it should work. Remember that the AVG HD can take a 1080p60 input, but only save or stream it at 1080p30. Alternatively you can downscale it to 720p60 and it'll work that way too. If you want full 1080p60 you're best off with the SC-512N1-L/DVI, but that's only really good for saving to disk, there's no point in streaming that, its too much for Flash player.

Okay, but will AVG HD eliminate the awful screen tearing that I am experiencing on the stream? I mean as long as I can output 1080p60 to the capture card and it captures in 1080p60 there should be absolutely no screen tearing, right? If I want to upload videos in 60 FPS to YouTube, can I capture in 1080p60 with the capture card and record with Fraps on the streaming PC?

Also I don't really understand why my current capture card wouldn't be able to satisfy my needs, because I can change the settings on the capture card to capture in 720p60, then the 1080p60 signal from my gaming PC should have zero screen tearing on the stream, right?

dping

Okay, but will AVG HD eliminate the awful screen tearing that I am experiencing on the stream? I mean as long as I can output 1080p60 to the capture card and it captures in 1080p60 there should be absolutely no screen tearing, right? If I want to upload videos in 60 FPS to YouTube, can I capture in 1080p60 with the capture card and record with Fraps on the streaming PC?

Also I don't really understand why my current capture card wouldn't be able to satisfy my needs, because I can change the settings on the capture card to capture in 720p60, then the 1080p60 signal from my gaming PC should have zero screen tearing on the stream, right?
Based on what others say, it shouldn't but since it does with both x264 and VCE when you attempt to stream/record, there is another issue, and the main part of your config is that USB capture card.

I would play with it a little more before you go out and but another card but from what I can tell, its something with that capture card.

Darker

Based on what others say, it shouldn't but since it does with both x264 and VCE when you attempt to stream/record, there is another issue, and the main part of your config is that USB capture card.

I would play with it a little more before you go out and but another card but from what I can tell, its something with that capture card.

What bothers me is that I am not sure that it is the capture card because when I record with Avermedia's own program, the FPS is ok and there is no screen tearing.

Darker

Now I am super fucking pissed again. I have figured out that there is no way to get the main monitor to display 1080p144 if it's mirrored with the capture card, UNLESS I have lightboost installed. Lightboost seems to force my main monitor to 120 Hz.

It's pretty sick that AMDs own retard center can't run one monitor in 120 Hz and another in 60 Hz, but a third party program that has nothing to do with AMD can make it work.

In RECentral, the highest framerate I can choose to capture in is 30 FPS, even if I change the resolution to 1280x720. I am 100% sure I could change this to 60 FPS before. Why is it fucking with me so much?!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dping

Now I am super fucking pissed again. I have figured out that there is no way to get the main monitor to display 1080p144 if it's mirrored with the capture card, UNLESS I have lightboost installed. Lightboost seems to force my main monitor to 120 Hz.

It's pretty sick that AMDs own retard center can't run one monitor in 120 Hz and another in 60 Hz, but a third party program that has nothing to do with AMD can make it work.

In RECentral, the highest framerate I can choose to capture in is 30 FPS, even if I change the resolution to 1280x720. I am 100% sure I could change this to 60 FPS before. Why is it fucking with me so much?!!!!!!!

being angry and calling people retards isn't fixing anything. Go back and reinstall lightboost or you could just attach the monitor and mirror with a second instance of OBS using preview mode. make sure you check "dont encode while preview" set your attached capture monitor to 720@60 and use game capture.

Also dont forget my suggestion on the other forum to play CS:GO in windowed-no border so you can easily alt-tab. Its shouldn't hurt your capture card to capture all the time so your video card sees the "monitor" all the time.

Darker

being angry and calling people retards isn't fixing anything. Go back and reinstall lightboost or you could just attach the monitor and mirror with a second instance of OBS using preview mode. make sure you check "dont encode while preview" set your attached capture monitor to 720@60 and use game capture.

Also dont forget my suggestion on the other forum to play CS:GO in windowed-no border so you can easily alt-tab. Its shouldn't hurt your capture card to capture all the time so your video card sees the "monitor" all the time.

I have already reinstalled lightboost but the program itself is not a problem at the moment, it's more like a solution, because it forces my main monitor to 120 Hz. I was playing with a second instance of OBS using preview mode before but it made me lag slightly, I did not have encode while preview checked. I can't run CSGO in bordered mode because I'm playing on a stretched 4:3 resolution.

dping

I have already reinstalled lightboost but the program itself is not a problem at the moment, it's more like a solution, because it forces my main monitor to 120 Hz. I was playing with a second instance of OBS using preview mode before but it made me lag slightly, I did not have encode while preview checked. I can't run CSGO in bordered mode because I'm playing on a stretched 4:3 resolution.

I dont know what to tell you.

grg

I'm having the exact same issue.

I KNOW for a fact it was fixed several months back when I was streaming regularly.

I plugged in the cords and stuff again and cant seem to find the right settings

so i had my 144hz at 1080p and capture card was at 720p 60 fps had no problems.

searching for the fix again.... because i know its possible

Darker

I'm having the exact same issue.

I KNOW for a fact it was fixed several months back when I was streaming regularly.

I plugged in the cords and stuff again and cant seem to find the right settings

so i had my 144hz at 1080p and capture card was at 720p 60 fps had no problems.

searching for the fix again.... because i know its possible

I have been getting so many headaches from this capture card and I have been streaming without it on a single PC setup lately. I am once again tired of the lag I have to deal with when using a single PC setup so I decided to try the capture card again.

I plugged it in and mirrored it with my main monitor. 144 Hz on main monitor and 60 Hz on the capture card, with no issues. What the fuck? The fact that it is working now but didn't before is just giving me more headaches.

I still have a problem, I can't choose 720p60 on the capture card: http://i.imgur.com/NWLQ9jw.png

So I can't stream with a 2PC setup anyway because I am not going to stream an FPS game in 30 laggy FPS.

belboz

I have been using the preview to projector method for awhile now,

I have a 3 monitor setup, Left monitor 60Hz, Right Monitor 60Hz, and middle monitor 144Hz. I project my gameplay with obs to a fourth monitor which is my streaming PC's capture card.

Darker

Bought a GTX 970 and now everything is working. Except that the stupid worthless capture card that I use is having random audio delay that always is around 1-3 seconds delayed. Always fucking random as well.