Question / Help 24fps to Youtube streams at 30fps

Hi,

I am fairly sure this is not an OBS issue, but maybe someone can suggest some way I can set OBS to address what Youtube is doing to my stream.

I am using 24 NTSC frame rate, the streamed content is 24, and the local saved copy is 23.97fps.

When the stream is viewed on youtube its always 30fps.

I wonder if its related to 24 vs 23.97. I see no option to use 23.97, so does a difference exist between the two or just the way the number is rounded.

Thanks
John

DeMoN

After youtube has re-encoded your stream it should show up as 24.
Its the same as 50 fps. At live state it says 60, but after the re-encode it says the correct 50.

I have re checked and its definitely streaming at 30fps, and then when its becomes a past broadcast it stays at 30fps.

If I upload the locally saved copy video its works at 24fps.

It seems something at YT is treating live streams differently to normal uploads.

The same stream to twitch both runs at 24fps during and after.

DKRecords

Change Your Stream Key. If You Have Been Streaming At Anything Other Than 24fps Using The Same Stream Key, YouTube Can sometimes keep stream settings from past Live Streams. I Have This Happen When Switching Between 59.94FPS & 60.00FPS. YouTube Will Sometimes Think Its 30FPS. I Found That Changing The Stream Keys Usually Fixes This.

Ngaudio

Hi. I have had the exact same issue. I am giving YouTube 24fps from obs but YouTube always says its 30fps. I have done several live streams this way and after reading this thread I went back and checked to see if my previous live streams are now in 24fps and they are not. It still says 30fps. Any more ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!