Question / Help 0xc000007b / missing run time components error with OBS 23.2.1

Kip Mussatt

Hello,
I am having troubles / issues with the 0x0c000007b error when I run the obs64.exe from the .zip and "your system is missing runtime components ....." when I try running the latest 23.2.1 installer. I have installed both the 32 and 64 bit library 'C++ updates/ fixes' (as directed by this forum). Nothing seems to work. I can reinstall obs 20.1.3 which installs just fine, but won't connect to FB anymore (it did a few months ago) . I saw that the 'new update' fixed this so I tried to updated and now nothing works. I'm running W7 Home Premium 64bit Thanks in advance.

Sukiyucky

Kip, you should upgrade to Windows 10. If you are not aware next year Jan 2020, Windows 7 version will no longer be supported by Microsoft. What that means is that Microsoft will no longer provide fixes and updates, no tech support, and if there happens to be security issues, they won't be fixed. So its best to go spend the $100 and move forward.

koala

You don't need to spend $100 for upgrading Windows 7 to 10. The free upgrade still works. Follow the well-known upgrade descriptions.

Kip Mussatt

Let's focus on the issue at hand. 'upgrade to W(latest)' is what everyone says when something doesn't work. If you don't know of a solution for W7 that is fine. I'm not upgrading.

Sukiyucky

Nope, not going to focus on this any further. Your system is hosed. Files are missing, or corrupted.
Wipe the disk and reinstall Windows 7 or use Windows 10.

Sukiyucky

User was warned for rude behavior.
Last edited by a moderator: