Question / Help 0 kbps issue

bioniclear

Hello,
I've recently got a new PC and encountered an issue I haven't seen before. This only happened twice so far, only when playing a more graphically intensive games, but after around an hour of streaming OBS just stops streaming anything and shows that it's sending 0 kbps. If I click stop streaming, the button just goes blank and nothing happens. Restarting OBS doesn't always help, it just doesn't let me stream. My internet connection can't be the problem, because I can still browse the interned after that happens. I do get an "encoding overloaded" warning, but I'm not dropping any frames and I usually record using higher settings than what I use for streaming and it's fine.
Right now I stream at 1080p 60fps, 5500-9000 kbps using Nvidia Nvenc h.234 encoder with quality preset.
My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB
RAM: 16 Gb
Should I just lower my stream settings (my games usually run in a smaller resolution window anyway) or is the problem somewhere else?

I'm adding several log files, because I restarted OBS several times the last time that happened and somehow got the stream to work again.

Attachments

• 2020-02-15 18-48-06.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 2020-02-15 19-39-24.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2020-02-15 19-40-18.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-02-15 19-42-22.txt
    18 KB · Views: 16

Narcogen

1) Need a logfile with an output session-- start OBS, begin streaming, wait til the problem happens, end the stream, upload the Current logfile from the Help menu without quitting OBS.

My internet connection can't be the problem, because I can still browse the interned after that happens.

That is not how it works. It is entirely possible for your ISP to drop your connection to a streaming provider in a way that allows other sites to be reachable, whether they do it intentionally or because of a failure or error.