Resource icon

Free WebRTC-Telestrator 1.0

A remote telestrator app using WebRTC. Use a remote device (such as a phone or tablet) to draw on your screen while recording/streaming via OBS. Rather than just having a blank 'greenscreen' to draw on, this app streams a specified display so that you can see exactly where you are drawing on your device.

Remember the days when sport commentators would draw arrows on the screen to help explain the plays? Well the term for the program that let them do that is called a 'telestrator'. This tool essentially lets you do the same thing to OBS from a remote device.

It works by using a feature called 'WebRTC' available in all modern browsers that allows you to stream a display to another browser (intended to support video calls). Essentially you open 2 browsers, 1 on your host device that is running OBS, and connect it to 1 on your remote device (a phone/ipad/pc). The remote device gets to see whatever display source you pick and can see it and draw over it. OBS then overlays the drawing via a browser source added to your scene.

I made this because I wanted to be able to draw on my OBS recordings with an android tablet/pen. But I didn't just want to have a big green rectangle as my canvas because I wouldn't know where anything lined up. So I projected the display as the background over the network, and it worked. I'm sure there are other solutions that do this too, but I couldn't find one that had low requirements. This one just needs a browser (tested with Edge/Chrome/Safari), and nodejs.

I'm listing it here because maybe it will be useful for someone else out there too.
Author
BlankSourceCode
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from BlankSourceCode