- Removed dependency to GTK (in preparation to the GTK4 release as it removed some of the API being used)
- Hopefully fixed a potential crash fix when the source was being removed while running
- Some minor fixes..
This is a major release. The API used for screen cast has changed from the GNOME to Mutter API (the GNOME compositor). It feels a lot less hack-ish than the previous implementation.
The plugin filename as well as it's internal ID has changed. This allows this plugin as well as the old version to co-exist.
It allows easy capture of desktops. It also has window capture capabilities - however you need to know the internal window ID. Refer to the documentation on how to obtain these IDs (yes, it is cumbersome).
- use GDP payload format between processes for exchanging data (may add a memcpy().. to be investigated, but allows much for interesting data to be transferred for debugging, performance measuring and alike)
- SHM socket path is now configurable (in case you can't read/write to /tmp)
- Added option to capture all screens at once (may be helpful for multi monitor setups as you can only have one instance of a GNOME capture session)