Supported Bit Versions
  1. 32-bit
  2. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/pjt33/obs-flip-sum-filter
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Linux
This is a very simple audio filter plugin for OBS Studio which reduces noise by downmixing a stereo channel to a mono channel via difference. Noise which occurs on both channels (e.g. due to mains loops or inadequate shielding of the cables) will be cancelled. Obviously you want the signal to only come in on one of the channels, or to be inverted on one of them.

This was made because I needed it fast; it's available as source only, and because I don't have Windows or OS X machines to test it I've only configured the build for Linux. It probably also works on earlier versions than the one indicated, but I haven't tested that. I'm making it available in case anyone else needs this feature, but to be honest I don't expect to maintain it. Feel free to fork it and take ownership if you want to add Windows and OS X support, localise, package as a distributable, etc.

Perhaps the ideal outcome would be that this feature gets added to the Advanced Audio options as an extension of the current stereo to mono conversion, but I didn't want to wait for the time that a proposal would take to filter through to the product.
Reactions: norihiro
Author
pjt33
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings