DroidCam OBS Camera

DroidCam OBS Camera 2.3.2

mfrazzz

Maybe I missed it, but is the latest version of Droidcam OBS working with OBS 30? I don't want to upgrade OBS until I know Droidcam is working properly with the latest OBS.

Max Mad

Open the DroidCam OBS application on your computer.
Check if there are any options related to portrait mode or blur/bokeh effects.

jenks_

Love the app/plugin!

When disconnecting my phone from USB and plugging it back in, I seem to have to deactivate and refresh device list and activate again to get the video to show up. Is there a way to get the plugin to automatically work when plugging in my phone?

jenks_

One more question: Is there any way to manually adjust the ISO or shutterspeed? Or any plans to add that functionality in the future?

Dumedo

I have changed my PC 1 month ago and now the camera stop working after 1 hour.
The only way to make it work again is to restart the phone.
I have latest version of Droidcam on my phone, last thing I need to try is update the plugin on OBS but I still use OBS 28.1.2 because I need al NDI to work.

Jastar

Hi I first used Droidcam and saw that a Droidcam Virtual Audio mic was detected in my PC and I can add it like an Audio Capture in OBS without a problem to use Virtual Camera. Then I unnistalled it and purchased the Droidcam OBS Pro. I added it like a Source in OBS but now when I try to stream with Virtual Camera I don't have any virtual mic. What's the solution here?

dev47

@Jastar not sure I follow, are you trying to get audio into OBS, or into another program?

The DroidCam OBS plugin is for integrating audio/video into OBS Studio, without the need for virtual devices.
To use the app with other programs, you'll need the DroidCam PC Client, or the DroidCam Virtual Camera plugin (which has audio support).

Jastar

@Jastar not sure I follow, are you trying to get audio into OBS, or into another program?

The DroidCam OBS plugin is for integrating audio/video into OBS Studio, without the need for virtual devices.
To use the app with other programs, you'll need the DroidCam PC Client, or the DroidCam Virtual Camera plugin (which has audio support).
Yes I want to use the app with other programs but through OBS I can see that in the OBS Audio mixer I get the audio from my phone but when I activate the Virtual Camera to stream in other program I don't get any audio.

LynxStreamingPro

Not supported right now. Usually once you're on a public network (ex. 4G) extra severs are required to proxy the connection between your home/private network and the outside. Check out obs.ninja, which afaik does include publicly hosted severs to facilitate bringing outside video sources
You can use ZeroTier, sometimes the connection will be direct and you will be able to use all the available LTE network upload bandwidth without going through a relay server. I just tried it and it works. Download on Android and PC

Gambloide

For anyone like me on libavcodec60 with a regular (non-flatpack) install of OBS looking for a non-existing droidcam_obs_2.3.1_linux_ffmpeg6.zip release asset, which according to https://github.com/dev47apps/droidcam-obs-plugin/wiki/Linux-Releases should exist:

Just get the droidcam_obs_2.3.1_linux_flatpak.zip instead and manually move the plugin to your installation's plugin folder. It seems to work fine so far and also looks fine in the logs.

Dumedo

Hi, could you email support@dev47apps.com -- does the phone app freeze, does it crash?
Try "Video is not stable and keeps disconnecting" at https://dev47apps.com/obs/usage.html#faq
Phone app works, just suddenly lost USB conection to the PC. Maybe it's the new motherboard, or something about USB power saving.

I'm trying WiFi connection, looks more stable but consume much more battery on my old Samsung Galaxy S3 and looks like this old phone don't use 5ghz full bandwidth, and the Access Point is in the same room. It connects at 150Mbps (5Ghz), my newer phone connects at 433Mbps.

But seems to work ok, I did 2h stream with no disconnection at all.

dev47

For USB - Did you have a chance to go though the USB setup steps on the website?
It may be the Samsung drivers need to be reinstalled manually.

For WiFi - If the connection itself is smooth, just keep the phone connected to the power adapter and at 100%, this will minimize heat and wear on the hardware.

Dumedo

For USB - Did you have a chance to go though the USB setup steps on the website?
It may be the Samsung drivers need to be reinstalled manually.

For WiFi - If the connection itself is smooth, just keep the phone connected to the power adapter and at 100%, this will minimize heat and wear on the hardware.
For USB - My setup was working ok for a long time. I upgraded my motherboard+cpu+ram on december. No windows reinstall, I did it all the time with no problems (I'm in IT so I know a few tricks to do it safe). So everything was already installed, but I'll try reinstalling Samsung driver. I don't think this is the problem, I think the problem could be some USB compatibility. The Samsung is connected to an unpowered TP-Link USB3 hub wich power also a little usb fan wich is always on because I stream driving simulator race and I need something to keep cool. HUB is connected to an USB 3 port on the motherboard.

Maybe there is some compatibility issues with USB but as long as WiFi works I'll keep it that way, it's just boring to change IP address every time in OBS and yes I'm going to have have the Samsung connected to it's power adapter all the time.

Tnx