Another audio device menu under Audio in OBS settings.

Pcyden

There are already 2 audio menus under Audio in the OBS settings: "Desktop Audio Device" and "Microphone/Auxiliary Audio Device". it would be nice to split the Microphone/Auxiliary Audio Device into their own menus. that way people can have their microphone as well as an secondary audio source available to them. instead having to sacrifice their auxiliary audio for their microphone, or vice versa.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yep, these sort of things will definitely be addressed in the rewrite

micronn

Something new about that?

It will be great to have option to use two audio devices in example:
1. Audio - from game
2. Audio - from music player

Me: hear only game sounds
Viewers: hear game sounds + music from player

Krazy

Town drunk
Something like that may not be possible without VAC, still. It's because of how the Windows audio subsystem works, and I'm not sure putting that functionality into OBS directly will be worth it when there are already good solutions.

For a free VAC alternative that is sufficient for most use cases, you can check this out: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

zaelu

First, hello everybody (first post) and thanks for devs for this piece of software.

I'm new to streaming (although quite old :D ) and maybe I don't understand all of this technology but I would like to say also as a suggestion that a way to add more than the default audio sources to the stream would be very good.

My setup consists in 2 audiocards (one onboard and an old but good Audigy2 ZS). The audigy 2 has the output of my games I play, while the onboard audiocard has the mike and the one in-ear phones used exclusively for team speak and voice recordings over my youtube videos when necessary. I think my monitor which is hooked via HDMI has a mike and my modified PS3 Eye camera has 4 microphones also... plenty of sources :D.

However. Maybe I'm not alone in this. I play my games with friends on Teamspeak and my Teamspeak is setup that the mike does not pick any of the game sounds from my 5.1 sound system and my friends are not heard by my family over the 5.1 system (lot of bad language :) ) but only by me in that one ear mike+headphones set.

So... as OBS is setup today... when I stream to Twitch... I can add the game sound from my 5.1 sound system hooked to Audigy 2 and my mike from my secondary onboard Audio device... but my friends that chat over the output from onboard audio... are left out of the stream. many jokes are lost this way 9 :D ) and also I sound like I'm talking alone like a TV set left On.

I can't use a software solution to bring the friends from TS from onboard audio device to Audigy 2 output as this would defeat the purpose of this separation in the first place... my friends curse a lot etc :D .

So this is my +1 for this suggestion for multiple audio sources to OBS stream... you don't know when you need them... like the video ones.

Thank you for reading my post and best regards from Romania.

XeiZ

Zealu: For this you could use the directshow AUDIO plugin by paibox in the plugins section. Might only work if you add the onboard cards stereomix to it, but it that shouldnt really matter.

zaelu

Thanks for suggestion. What "add the onboard cards stereomix to it" means? It seems it doesn't work although I added to scenes even to global sources.

zaelu

I solved it.

I put in Settings only the onboard audio (mike+audio out for headset) and the Audigy2ZS card I added it via the above plugin as a Global source. After some fiddle with the volumes I made it work.

Tanks again!!!