Requesting 4/3rds downscale (1.33), and a bit more

Boildown

Primary Request: I'd like to request a 4/3rds downscale option for the Video > Resolution Downscale dropdown list. This would reduce a 1440p resolution down to 1080p.

Also it would reduce 1080p to 810p, which may be a more accessible intermediate option between 720p and 1080p than 864p is.

Secondary Request: I'd like to see the ratio for the downscales flipped so that larger numbers result in larger resolutions, and smaller numbers result in smaller resolutions. I.e. "2/3rds" instead of "1.5". So that I don't have to say "increase your downscale to decrease your resolution", and instead can say "decrease your downscale to decrease your resolution".

Alternatively to this replace the word "downscale" with "divider". So we'll use a larger resolution divider to decrease the resolution. This actually makes sense, but slightly less intuitive, since most people are worse at division than multiplication... but at least it makes sense.

Tertiary Request: Set Your Own Downscale (or divider). Let users pick the numerator and denominator between 1 & 6 (or at least 1 - 4) for both the numerator and denominator to create whatever downscale they want. Maybe give a warning message if it doesn't result in a whole-number resolution, and disallow any inadvertent (or deliberate) upscales.

Btw, some of this was inspired by the discussion in a previous thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6395 .

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
In the rewrite, your output (scaled) resolution no longer has a limit. You can set any resolution you wish rather than 1.5/etc, and can stretch as well.