Bug Report Arma II Problem

DiabloZ

I'm trying to stream Arma II: Operation Arrowhead (DayZ) and I know that you have to run OBS as an administrator. I have not had problems with streaming it before, but now when I run OBS as an administrator now it won't allow me to choose Arma as an option in the drop down menu, and it says that I need to run OBS as an administrator to capture Arma II, but I am... I don't know what the problem is, I've uninstalled and reinstalled OBS and restarted my computer but that didn't work. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?

Skepy

I too am having this problem.

I had it working in preview mode, but as soon as I start streaming I get a black screen and it says I need to run as admin, I always run 64 bit AS admin.

silenttikeus

Hello guys, today i had this problem and before i found a solution tried many version. You should try delete OBS folder in your Application Data.

termhn

Just wanted to report that the method above does work... you will lose all your scenes and everything though so... anyway:
1. click start and type %appdata% then press enter
2. delete OBS folder
3. profit!!

Skepy

I just tried this method, with no luck.

OBS still tells me I need to run it as admin, I have also tried the latest test build and that doesn't work either.

HELP!!!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It is a problem with Battleye, and I think Jim might have overlooked something in the new test version of Game Capture. It might work in the next test version, and I know the Arma devs know about the issue, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
From what I read it seems like their anti-cheat updated and no longer allows other processes access. Maybe try window capture?

DiabloZ

The deleting the obs folder didn't work, and the window capture doesn't work either, it doesn't show up on the drop down, but thanks.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Try using the 32bit version of the latest test build (note: not the 64bit version -- won't work at the moment with this)

PhatNetGaming

Having this same issue.. very frustrating trying to stream dayz right now with this happening... Only way I have found to get it working is to load up arma2 directly as admin, alt tab, set it up in obs, then exit... then load up dayz commander and join a server... this works until you change scenes.. or something just dying and going back to the lobby will bork it as well... Please get this fixed.. I'm about to start clubbing baby seals or somethin.

Krazy

Town drunk
Responded in your other thread, but this is a Battleye issue, not an OBS issue. It's possible there might be a workaround for it, but in the mean time you may have to try Window Capture and playing the game in some form of windowed mode.

Razorback313

there is a work around on youtube but i wouldnt try it if i was anyone i tried it and it didnt do anything the game still crashed the game

DiabloZ

The update fixed it, then it didn't work a few minutes afterwards, but I found the way to fix this problem myself with the help of a buddy. You go into the Arma II Operation Arrowhead folder and run the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut, then go to Expansions in your menu and select @DayZ or any of the selections of what you are playing like Panthera, Taviana, etc. and then it will ask you to to relaunch the game, do so, then join whatever server you like. The problem for me was somewhere in the DayZ Commander/PlayWithSix launchers, because I was able to run Arma II OA regularly and was able to stream that. Hope that helps out everyone's problems! (If your game doesn't let you in a server Verify Integrity of Game Cache in Steam. [Right click Arma II, OA, & OA Beta in Steam, click properties and go to local content you will find it there])

PhatNetGaming

Yeah I was doing it this way as well, but I can't stand the in game server browser in arma2.. I am beginning to think the issue has nothing to do with battle eye as it works if you launch arma2oa.exe directly and not through a launcher.. so what gives ? It HAS to be an obs problem.. if not, explain to me how it works with battle eye servers just fine if you run armaoa.exe directly...