Question / Help Avermedia usb hd dvr

Melokarma

I was wondering if there's away to get the "Avermedia usb hd dvr" working in OBS using the "Video Capture Device" option. I get a red screen.

OBS LOGS : http://pastebin.com/4mmsmRhE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Device: AVerMedia USB HD Capture
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
==========================
Pin: Stream Out
category: PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE
-------------
00.) major type: MEDIATYPE_Stream
sub type: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4-D1-00-80-5F-6C-BB-EA}
format type: FORMAT_None
Pin: Virtual Stream Out
category: PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE
-------------
00.) major type: MEDIATYPE_Stream
sub type: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4-D1-00-80-5F-6C-BB-EA}
format type: FORMAT_None

http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=488
Thank you
Any help or insight on this is greatly appreciated.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It helps tremendously, thank you. I think I have a suspicion of how this works now. Also, thanks for linking the product page, I may have to buy one along with the hdpvr 1/2, etc after I move to my new place.

Won't be implemented right away, in fact may still be some months, but I will eventually get it as long as I can get my hands on one of these devices. Can't guarantee it'll work either but hopefully I might be able to make something of it.

Melokarma

Jim said:
It helps tremendously, thank you. I think I have a suspicion of how this works now. Also, thanks for linking the product page, I may have to buy one along with the hdpvr 1/2, etc after I move to my new place.

Won't be implemented right away, in fact may still be some months, but I will eventually get it as long as I can get my hands on one of these devices.

That's grate having this work with OBS would be amazing. I'm very happy it's going to be looked into and implemented into OBS within the next few months. I can't thank you enough you made my day! <3

Also one more thing I would like to mention, to my knowledge there's no streaming software to date that's able to use a DVR or PVR without having to use some type of screen region or 3rd party virtual software like Manycam ect. Very interesting if OBS is able to implement that option for DVR & PVR such as Avermedia USB HD DVR and Hauppauge PVR it would be the first and only with that option.