Question / Help Zoom into OBS, OBS to broadcast

CaptainNGM

So, here's my setup.

I'm producing a variety show that's going to be co-hosted by someone joining in via zoom. The other host is local.
Host: USB Camera and Mic, inputs into OBS. Headphones to monitor the stream, plugged into a PreSonus box (set up as monitor)
Co-Host: Zoom audio and video

My issue that I'm having is that I want the host and the co-host to be able to talk to each other, hear each other, and have all of that go out through the broadcast. They'll be introducing pre-recorded videos, which I've used in the past as scenes in OBS, which all work great. I can't get the audio to all work together now that I'm introducing Zoom into the mix. I think the problem is coming in that I normally use the Host headphones as the monitor, and as soon as I send the monitor audio to Zoom so that the co-host can hear what's going on, the Host can no longer hear anything.

Help?

CaptainNGM

Addendum: I have two virtual audio cables set up (A & B), and the virtual camera plugin installed into OBS. Sending OBS into Zoom and broadcasting to FB live from there is an option, but I'm still running into the audio feedback problem where the host can't hear the remote co-host.

CaptainNGM

SOLVED:

So, I sorted this out on my own, and it all works.
First, OBS has a virtual camera plug in that's not strictly important to this solution, but it's really nice. It pushes OBS' video out to any source by pretending it's a camera. I'm using that as the incoming video for Zoom.

Inside Zoom, I have the host audio set up to use the webcam's built in microphone, but really it could be any secondary mic. This allows the remote co-host to hear the local host. The audio out of Zoom is a virtual audio cable which OBS can see as an audio source.

Now, inside OBS, I set up a scene with the Webcam video and USB microphone audio on the host. This is our standard setup. The scene also includes cropped video coming from Zoom, focused only on the co-host. The audio coming from Zoom doesn't push the host's audio back-- this is default zoom behavior, so there's no audio loop. It's just the co-host. Finally, to finish everything off, I set the zoom audio through the virtual cable to go into the "monitor," which is the local host's headphones. Voila. They can hear each other, and all audio streams go to the broadcast.

Sanjaybelagola

SOLVED:

So, I sorted this out on my own, and it all works.
First, OBS has a virtual camera plug in that's not strictly important to this solution, but it's really nice. It pushes OBS' video out to any source by pretending it's a camera. I'm using that as the incoming video for Zoom.

Inside Zoom, I have the host audio set up to use the webcam's built in microphone, but really it could be any secondary mic. This allows the remote co-host to hear the local host. The audio out of Zoom is a virtual audio cable which OBS can see as an audio source.

Now, inside OBS, I set up a scene with the Webcam video and USB microphone audio on the host. This is our standard setup. The scene also includes cropped video coming from Zoom, focused only on the co-host. The audio coming from Zoom doesn't push the host's audio back-- this is default zoom behavior, so there's no audio loop. It's just the co-host. Finally, to finish everything off, I set the zoom audio through the virtual cable to go into the "monitor," which is the local host's headphones. Voila. They can hear each other, and all audio streams go to the broadcast.
Hi I need some help connecting obs output audio to zoom.. I'm using obs virtual camera for video. But I'm. Not able to get audio from obs to zoom. Please help.
Regards,

Sanjay.

CaptainNGM

In OBS, go to File -> Settings, choose Audio. Set the monitoring device to your virtual audio cable. Make sure all your audio sources in OBS are set to "Monitor and Output," not just "Output only."

In Zoom, set your microphone to the virtual audio cable. Now, audio out of OBS becomes audio in to Zoom.

mattcebc

Thanks to those who posted here. This has been really helpful. I have a followup question, as the Monitor from OBS is now going as the input into Zoom I can't hear from OBS on the local host. If i play video sources etc the audio codes to Zoom remote host but I can't hear it. Under Advanced - Monitor Device i can only chose a single output (either desktop or VAC A) Is there a way to have two Monitor outputs (one to zoom and one to local host desktop)?

CaptainNGM

Right, that's for sure an issue. I decided that having the guest host not be able to hear the stream wasn't a dealbreaker for my purpose. So, I didn't set the monitor to go to Zoom, I just kept it in the local host's ears. If that's not a workable solution for you, then others might have a better answer. AFAIK, OBS won't let you do multiple monitors.