Resource icon

Free YTCP (YouTube Control Panel) 2020-09-22

patkhoo

patkhoo submitted a new resource:

YTCP (YouTube Control Panel) - Control full screen playback of YouTube sources from a dockable panel

YTCP (YouTube Control Panel) allows you to load YouTube in one browser window (the Player) and then control its playback/video/etc from a second browser window (the Controller). In addition, the Player will play the video in full screen mode automatically, and not in a small window. Here are two simple use cases:

• Dual-screen: Open the Player in one browser window on Screen 1, facing the audience, and then open the Controller on Screen 2 where the video can be easily controlled by...

Read more about this resource...

patkhoo

How can you make the player fully interact without using the interact button?

Ah, unfortunately, the very first initialisation still requires human input/interaction - this is a security restriction from YouTube and the web browser. Otherwise it becomes possible to automatically play and control video on a person's browser the moment they load a web page. So the very first "click" to "Load Player" is required.

But after that, you can load videos and control playback remotely from the control panel.

This is a neat idea. I've been trying it for the last days, but my major complaint is that it doesn't work with Age Restricted Content, or at least I don't know how to make it work, since every time I put an age restricted video on the queue the player ignores it, so is there a way to make it work?

I've been using this for my spaceflight streams for a while now. So useful to do everything within OBS on my solo spaceflight streams.

Where this really shines for me is with collabs. I use this in conjunction with VDO.Ninja in a web browser, so I can present a fully-synchronized stream for all participants via the same URL to all, including myself.

In both contexts, it gives me the ability to have a control panel completely removed from the picture. I wish I could scrub through a video, but it seems to work well enough.