YouTube quality problem (again)

mhiun

Hello!
I can get a very good quality of the recording, but this quality drops after uploading to TouTube. I know that YouTube lowers quality, but there are many creators who have obtained much better quality than I managed.

My sample settings:
cqp-20.png

My recording on YouTube:

Sample recordings of other artists:

Another artist's recording in 720p - it looks better than my 1080p:

Quality differences (mine in fourth position):
dif.png

I've tested many CQP and VBR settings, brightening doesn't help either. After recording, I have very good quality, and after sending, the quality is terrible.
What am I doing wrong?

TryHD

Settings to change on your screenshot.
Color Range: change it to partial
Output (Scaled) Resolution: change it to 2048x1152 (you have click on it and type it manually because that resolution will not appear in the dropdown menu)
Recording Format: change it to mkv
Preset: change it to quality
Unclick psycho visiual tuning.
Record a littlebit, upload to youtube and take a look what youtube will create from it.

mhiun

Thank you for your answer.

New settings:
partial-2048x1152-mkv-quality.png

After uploading to YouTube:

I had to record longer. A shorter recording with your settings, YouTube encoded in avc1 instead of vp9.

Recordings of other creators still seem better, even those recorded in 720p. Mine in fourth position.
partial 2048x1152 mkv quality.png

I changed the "Output (Scaled) Resolution".
Should I also change "Rescale Output"?
ques.png

TryHD

Recording settings look fine to me and no you don't change aynthing at the rescale output.
Do you mean with better that the other recordings are sharper than yours?
Could you add a screenshot of how your recording looks before uploading to your comparison?

TryHD

I don't know the settings of the other youtubers so i can't really tell what they make different. But since you have a nvidia card you could use DSR https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology and increase the resolution of your footage which will increase sharpness.
Set your Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080. Do not upscale your output resolution.
It depends on the content of your video, sadly youtube is strange and that is the only way to get good quality.

mhiun

Set your Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080. Do not upscale your output resolution.
Thank you for the advice.
Video after changing "Output (Scaled) Resolution" to 1920x1080. The quality has dropped.

But since you have a nvidia card you could use DSR https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology and increase the resolution of your footage which will increase sharpness.
I know, I recorded in 4K and it was very good. However, I would like to learn how other creators manage to get good 1080p quality.

If more suggestions appear, I will gladly test.

qhobbes

Can you post a log of a recording?

mhiun

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
In screen sources there is only game capture active. Other sources are turned off. Unless ''crossed eye'' doesn't mean fully turned off. Should I delete them completely?
sources.png

2. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues.
Can this problem only become apparent after uploading the recording to YouTube?

How are you recording at 4K on a 1920x1080 monitor?
I meant that I changed the recording resolution in the video editing program. YouTube did not significantly reduce the quality of the recording displayed in 4k, but 1080p was still of low quality.