xObsRemoteStats - "Stats" window for remote OBS instances

Free xObsRemoteStats - "Stats" window for remote OBS instances v1.3

YorVeX

YorVeX submitted a new resource:

xObsRemoteStats - "Stats" window for remote OBS instances - Tool that mimics the original OBS "Stats" window, but for a remote OBS instance using WebSockets

This tool mimics the original "Stats" window in OBS (View -> Stats from main menu) but shows data from a remote OBS instance using WebSockets.
I have written it for myself to be able to see the stats window on my streaming PC, which is in a different room than my main PC.

L̲i̲m̲i̲t̲a̲t̲i̲o̲n̲s̲
- items currently shown with a question mark are currently not exposed by obs-websocket, therefore xObsRemoteStats cannot show them
- the "Heartbeat" data would contain some of this information but...

Read more about this resource...

Stolkie

Excellent stuff! Happily using this right now monitoring 12 remote OBS instances, thanks!

Confirming some compatibility:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Windows Server 2019 64 bit
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Do you intend to make this open source per chance?

YorVeX

Excellent stuff! Happily using this right now monitoring 12 remote OBS instances, thanks!

Confirming some compatibility:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Windows Server 2019 64 bit
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Do you intend to make this open source per chance?

Great, thanks for the feedback! May I ask in which scenario someone would run 12 OBS instances? Some kind of makeshift surveillance system? Production in a small studio?

I got no plans to make it open source right now.

YorVeX

reStrike

Great software!! Exactly what I needed. Is it possible to put <Name></Name> in config XML so I can easily distinguish multiple instances and maybe some color mark. It would be also great to have some big RED color indication if obs is crashed and connection is lost so I can see it and react immediately.

Once again,very usefull!

reStrike

Great, thanks for the feedback! May I ask in which scenario someone would run 12 OBS instances? Some kind of makeshift surveillance system? Production in a small studio?

I got no plans to make it open source right now.
I can tell you. I'm using OBS on taekwondo tournaments for recording the matches to have the video replay for the referees. My biggest case was 24 instances at once.

YorVeX

Is it possible to put <Name></Name> in config XML so I can easily distinguish multiple instances and maybe some color mark. It would be also great to have some big RED color indication if obs is crashed and connection is lost so I can see it and react immediately.

Once again,very usefull!
You mean the <Name> config option would then set the window title to some custom text? Should be easy to implement. I'd probably call it <Title> though and then have it replace the part that currently says "Stats" so if you set <Title>My Custom Title</Title> you would end up with "My Custom Title (server:port)" as the window title. Does this sound good?

Regarding the color stuff I have to see what I can come up with, things like using a custom icon to show the color in the icon area there or implementing a custom title bar are more effort than I was planning to put into this tool, as it's already fitting my own needs perfectly in its current status and I always have a tight schedule. Maybe I still do it, or maybe I go with some "cheap" solution where I just throw two more color indicators somewhere into the window's client area - one configurable per window and one indicating a disconnection warning.

Note that the tool won't know the reason why it can't connect/has lost connection, i.e. it can't tell the difference between things like "remote OBS hasn't been started yet" or "remote OBS has crashed" or "remote OBS is still running but the network connection to it has been lost". All it can do is indicate that it's not connected (as it is already doing by changing the title text, but I guess that is not flashy enough if you have lots of these windows and you want to find the one that lost connection).

reStrike

Note that the tool won't know the reason why it can't connect/has lost connection, i.e. it can't tell the difference between things like "remote OBS hasn't been started yet" or "remote OBS has crashed" or "remote OBS is still running but the network connection to it has been lost". All it can do is indicate that it's not connected (as it is already doing by changing the title text, but I guess that is not flashy enough if you have lots of these windows and you want to find the one that lost connection).
I understand that it cannot know why connection was lost but maybe to have some flag "connection_established", and mark it as true when connection was established and then if connection is lost and flag is true make some flashy alert or color change so it is visible in the blink of an eye :)

YorVeX

YorVeX updated xObsRemoteStats - "Stats" window for remote OBS instances with a new update entry:

v1.3 Release

Changelog:

v1.3 (2021-05-12):
- added new config option Title to set a custom title
- added new config option IdentifierColor to display an identifier color field in the top right corner so that multiple instances can be distinguished easily
- added new config option IdentifierIcon to display an identifier icon in the top right corner so that multiple instances can be distinguished easily
- added new "OBS connection lost" label in the bottom area that flashes in red if OBS websocket...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Or1oN

Great app, thank you!
It makes life a little easier :)
Do you think about some window manager?
That you can configure how many windows to open and fast config editing

YorVeX

Could you make LIVE label (stream status) color to match the upload speed indicator. Lower right corner in OBS. https://lucavitali.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/yammer_obs_13.png
Uhm, I try to mimic the original windows (stats and base window as much as I can. But I don't think the original "Stats" window does that, or does it? It's hard to produce this situation here, since my line currently is stable enough for the indicator to stay green all the time :P

Great app, thank you!
It makes life a little easier :)
Do you think about some window manager?
That you can configure how many windows to open and fast config editing
TBH I don't. Maybe someone else can come up with an external tool or script that does this but it's not on my to-do list and probably also won't ever be.

YorVeX

Any news on support for OBS 28?
That would basically mean support for obs-websocket v5.X+, because this is what comes bundled with OBS 28 now. It will be done in the future but I can't give any ETA. In the meantime it should be possible to additionally install obs-websocket 4.9.1-compat in OBS 28 and have xObsRemoteStats connect to it then, but I must admit I haven't tried myself, I am still waiting for one or two more OBS hotfixes before I'll make the switch myself (as I always do with any major OBS update).