Question / Help XLR Mic not working with my Focusrite Pro 40 interface

Trayj57

I'm new to streaming and hoping to get some advice here.
I have been trying to get my XLR Miktek C7 to work with OBS, I have gone through all the tabs assigned my audio interface mic/input and so forth.
But haven't been able to get OBS to recognize it.
Everything else works great my camera,desktop audio works fine... what am I doing wrong?
thank you !

Sukiyucky

1) Start at the Windows sound device driver level
You must have the appropriate drivers installed before going to the next two steps. Go to FocusRite and download install software.

Go to Windows Sound Panel
Set the default playback device in the playback tab to be Saffire Pro
Set the default recording device in the recording tab to be Saffire Pro

If you are not seeing the device driver listed, contact FocusRite.

2) Set Application Level Audio Support

For the applications that you use, check to see in the audio options that you are pointing your settings at either Default or specifically to the Saffire Pro audio device. So for example, in a DAW, music playback application, etc. you would do this.

3) OBS Studio Audio Support

In OBS Settings | Audio:
Set Desktop Audio to be either Default (correlates with default playback) or specifically Saffire Pro
Set Mic/Auxilliary Audio to be either Default (correlates with default recording) or specifically Saffire Pro
Everything else should be disabled

jhodges72

I'm new to streaming and hoping to get some advice here.
I have been trying to get my XLR Miktek C7 to work with OBS, I have gone through all the tabs assigned my audio interface mic/input and so forth.
But haven't been able to get OBS to recognize it.
Everything else works great my camera,desktop audio works fine... what am I doing wrong?
thank you !

OBS doesn't work well recognizing firewire devices, such as the Pro 40 (I have one). The EASIEST option is to download Loopback. You'll be up and running within 2 minutes. However, it's $99 for the program. The option I use is BlackHole. You can find it on GitHub. It's free. Takes a bit more work, but it works great after you figure it out. It comes with instructions.

Narcogen

OBS doesn't work well recognizing firewire devices, such as the Pro 40 (I have one). The EASIEST option is to download Loopback. You'll be up and running within 2 minutes. However, it's $99 for the program. The option I use is BlackHole. You can find it on GitHub. It's free. Takes a bit more work, but it works great after you figure it out. It comes with instructions.

LoopBack is MacOS software and not available on Windows. Same for BlackHole. So this is not going to solve any audio issues for Windows users.