Question / Help Xcomposite window capture turns blue

hargitay

Dear friends,

I am using the latest version of OBS under Ubuntu 16.04.3. As I mentioned earlier I hadn't managed to get OBS run properly under Manjaro linux. But it works quite well under Ubuntu.

Today I encountered an interesting issue.
When I capture a window, sometimes the screen turns blue or black.
So far I have only encountered this problem when capturing the window of a bible application called "TheWord".
Initially it captures pretty well, but when I jump to another chapter/paragraph (in the bible), the screen suddenly turns to black or blue.
I noticed that this happens because the title of the captured window changes suddenly when I change the chapter.

For example: If I am capturing the window, when reading Mathew 2:18, everything works fine until the moment when I jump to a different chapter/paragraph ( for example Luke 12:16). And then the screen turns to blue or black.

I attach the log, where you can see, that when I started capturing, the title of the window was "Mt 2:18 - theWord", because I was reading that certain paragraph. But then when I jumped to a different chapter/different paragraph, OBS didn't manage to update the title of the window properly. It changed the title to "theWord"... and this is where the captured window turned to blue/black/purple etc

I hope I could explain well, what the problem is.
Do you have any ideas, how I could get OBS to update the title properly, so the screen wouldn't turn to blue/black?

Kind regards,

Attila

Attachments

• 2018-02-07 15-38-20.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot from 2018-02-07 15-40-27.png
    Screenshot from 2018-02-07 15-40-27.png
    139 KB · Views: 72

dribbleondo

This is an issue with OBS reacting to some new colour configs that the latest Mesa exposes (rgb10 specifcally). A workaround is adding this code:
Code:
 <application name="obs" executable="obs">
            <option name="allow_rgb10_configs" value="false"/>
        </application>
at the front of your .drirc file (usually located in etc/drirc on debian systems).

I have also uploaded a modified drirc file here for the sakes of convenience.

JerryDay

I'm on OBS Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
I have created an OBS project, created a scene, imported a jpg image, but the screen is black. How do I get my screen working? Thanks.
ps: I don't know how to insert code into a .drirc file.