Question / Help XComposite capture does not update

ylebars

Hello everybody out there!

I have used OBS Studio 25.0.8 on a laptop running Ubuntu 18.04. I have installed it using OBS PPA. On this computer, when I put a XComposite capture in OBS Studio, it is updated whenever the captured window is modified.

Now, on a desktop computer running Ubuntu 20.04, with OBS Studio 25.0.8 also installed using OBS PPA, XComposite capture does not update, therefore you cannot see what is happening on the window.

I have not found any way to solve this. Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Best regards.

ylebars

I went to the Discord channel and got the solution: it turned out some modules were not properly installed and therefore I was not using the proper graphic card driver. After installing the proper modules, everything run as expected. Problem solved.

xteeio

I am having the same issue using ubuntu 20.04 LTS. what was the solution? What do i need do to make it work?

leillo1975

It seems we have the same problem. I made a fresh installation of Ubuntu 20.04, and now I can't capture certain Windows like terminal, system monitor.... I tried to clean the profile, install the last snap, an old snap (v.21), and everything failed. I ask on discord, but nobody could help me.

leillo1975

I found the reason of my problem. I switched-off the animations on Ubuntu with gnome-tweaks and now seems to work as normal. I think devs must take a look to this problem.