WOW information to OBS studio

Valazdin

I am looking for something that will provide me with the current character, lvl, ilvl, class, and spec that I'm logged in on to display that as a source in OBS studio. Does anyone know how to do that? Would anyone be willing to create that?

So far, I think that I would have to run an addon in WOW to output that to a file. But I heard that wow will not let you. So it may have to write to a different type of file, not sure what one. Then I would think that I would need a script for OBS to pull that file in and display the values. Unless I can just direct text read from the files. I'm not sure if there is a way to pull that data from another WoW addon like Datastore that would already have that data.

To get around the above, I have setup scenes for each Class, with sources based on spec. I did a command that allows me to type in the spec and it will change to that scene/source. If I could get the above addon/script done, I could reduce my scenes and sources greatly.

I am super new to lua/scripting/OBS so talk in small words, or let me know what it would take for someone to make this for me.

Gummiel

While I have no idea about how to get the things from WoW, if/when you do get it out, OBS's text source can read from txt files diretly, that is usually how ppl display stream stats like follower/sub count and recent followers/subs etc on the stream itself

Valazdin

Can we make the Lua api point to WOW and OBS studio so that it would run between both? I don't think that WoW will allow output to txt.

Valazdin

I have this file that I would like to display the following items in OBS.
["class"]
["level"]
["race"]
["name"]
["faction"]

However I only want to display for the one that has the highest number for ["lastUpdate"].

in the end, this plugin would look for the character that I am currently logged in as and it will display that character's information.

Can someone make that plugin?

Also this file is a .lua not a .txt. I had to change it to be able to upload it to this forum.

Attachments

• DataStore_Characters.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 65