Question / Help Working with web modeling services

Svyatessy

Hey everybody!

I'm a webcam model and would like to check out the OBS service on a service called Bongacams.com (Bongamodels.com = for model login). But since they are not in the list of streaming services, I guess I need to enter the stream key manually. I am not so good at this OBS stuff yet, but 100% that some models are using it on that website and I would like to join them since OBS has tons of cool stuff. So basically the question is - where and how to get the stream key and is that enough to start streaming?

Thank you for your time

Fenrir

Forum Admin
First, you would need to verify that they support RTMP ingest. That's the protocol that OBS uses to send out the stream.

Second, assuming they support RTMP, you would need to get the server URL. It should be something like rtmp://live.bongamodels.com/ (just a super rough example).

Third, your Stream Key would be a private value that identifies your account, which would again be provided by the service (bongamodels) itself.

Once you have all that info, you can change the drop down at the top of Settings -> Output to Custom Streaming Service, and enter the collected information. Past that, setup should be exactly the same as any other normal streaming service.

Hope this helps!

Svyatessy

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure about the RTMP, but they have a live chat during the broadcast and a live chat with support, so I guess they do use a real time message protocol.

Stream Key can only be provided by them? No chance of me finding it somewhere after pressing F12 for example?)

Maybe I can put my broadcast from OBS to some splitter (manycam/visit-x/splitcam) software and there stream it to Bonga?

Boildown

If they use RTMP to transfer the video data from you to them, then there will be a stream key. If they don't use RTMP (and that's why they haven't told you it), then it isn't compatible with OBS. Maybe you can ask some of the other people using that service how they obtained their stream key? Its something that service would have to provide, the OBS software doesn't know what it is until you type it in.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
RTMP has a misleading name, it's not used for chat. It's used for audio and video streaming.

I would definitely recommend that you reach out to their live chat support and ask if you can stream via RTMP to them. Stream Key MUST be provided by them. It won't be available in the website's code.