Words Not Showing Over Camera Image

Amarna

I cannot get the words from my syphon source to display over my camera source. If camera source is on top, I see the camera. If syphon source is on top, I see the words. I confirmed my syphon source setting is set to allow for transparency. Syphon is coming from Big Sur. OBS version 29.1.3.

AaronD

It's set to *allow* transparency, but is it *actually* transparent?

Also, the source might actually be transparent, but not all transports support that. Most physical video standards don't. NDI (network) does. There are others that I don't know about. So that's a possibility too.

Likewise, the transport might allow it, but the source isn't.

---

If you really can't get *actual* transparency, and you don't need all the possible colors, then you might use the Chroma Key filter in OBS to make it into a "green screen" or whatever color you don't need. Change that color *into* transparency, in OBS.

I cannot get the words from my syphon source to display over my camera source. If camera source is on top, I see the camera. If syphon source is on top, I see the words. I confirmed my syphon source setting is set to allow for transparency. Syphon is coming from Big Sur. OBS version 29.1.3.
Syphon works internally on Mac without needing to send video signals over a network. Just tested mine (OBS 29.1.3 and ProPresenter 7.14.1) on M1 MBP, works fine.