Question / Help Wishing for one simple channel of Audio going into OBS Mac Catalina

ChanceD11

Just upgraded to Catalina. Had my UAD x8p audio interface sending signal into OBS via JackRouter just fine. Now JackRouter is no longer supported in Catalina. Tried installing various audio support plug-ins including: Blackhole, IShowU capture audio and Soundflower. Followed all the steps about routing the sound preferences to the best of my ability. Went into security/privacy and added OBS to every tab that would let me. Just no sound at all coming into OBS. But I can see the levels bouncing on my audio interface. Very frustrating. Any other buttons you can suggest I press? Many thanks.

ChanceD11

Solved. This issue took two days out of my life and I almost reinstalled Catalina. Possibly the problem was that I used terminal to add that line of code that was suggested by several people. What initially worked back in November seems to cause problems if you use it in 25.0.8. Anyways what solved the issue was reinstalling OBS not once but twice. Hope this helps someone.

JDennis

Hi. Can you walk me through the process? I am having problems making my Mac with Catalina 10.15.4 work with OBS and Blackhole. Soundflower is out of the question...tried installing and reinstalling several times and it just won't work. I use Focusrite Skarlette 6i6 audio interface and I plan to use it to stream live music on YouTube and Facebook. TIA

ChanceD11

I'm back to square one.. my audio is once again not going into OBS. Reinstalled OBS again but no luck. I'll let you know if I solve this. At this point my plan is to try uninstalling all these third party audio routing apps. Goodbye Soundflower, IShowU and Blackhole. Stay tuned.

ChanceD11

hey i'm back to square one with it. No sound going into OBS from my fancy Universal audio interface. I've uninstalled Soundflower, Blackhole and IShowU. I've reinstalled OBS three times. Next I'm going to reinstall my audio drivers. This should NOT be that hard. I'll post here when I get it up and running.

ChanceD11

Got audio working again. Updated to the newest MAC OS, then did this trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7taXFL-vE&feature=youtu.be which didn't work.. but who knows maybe it helped. Then I reinstalled OBS a couple more times.. who knows if that helped. Then I did this trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-JmFUIPMM&t=1s and it worked. Basically OBS only sees channel one and two of your audio device. So you need to go into your audio device settings and configure your audio inputs so that inputs one and two become main monitor output one and two. The guy makes a good video. second one. Frustrating because it was working before and I didn't change anything. And my audio was going through channel 2 and into OBS just fine.