Question / Help Wired Connection worse than WiFi — seeking major help. (Solved!)

sleeplost

To state the problem early: When streaming using OBS and my Ethernet cable connected, the maximum bitrate I hit is 200, and consistently drops to 0 — on the other hand, via Wi-Fi, I can hit my usual 4000-5000 very easily. It's important to note that the 'Bind to IP' setting is already set to either Default or my IPv4, and OBS does "connect" to Twitch servers. I can also confirm this is very-much an OBS problem. I installed XSplit to test this, and to my surprise, it turns out XSplit has no problem with my Ethernet.

To get some initial solutions out of the way: I absolutely need my Ethernet when streaming my games of choice, fighting games, because, well, you should never play a fighting game un-wired. Secondly, I love OBS as a software. Incredibly user-friendly and beautiful layout -- so many options as a free software, so I absolutely do not want to switch over to a different software.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem actually is, as I'm not incredibly well-versed in debugging network problems. Performing a speed test (which suggests my down-speed is: 114 mbps and up-speed: 13.18 mbps) and the XSplit test make me wonder if the problem is OBS' inability to recognize or make use of the cat6 cable? I'd appreciate any and all help to get this mitigated.

I've attached my logfile of the most recent, isolated test with the Ethernet cable attached. If any other resources are needed, please ask asap and I'll try my hardest to get them promptly.

Attachments

• logfile_1.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 33

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Try uninstalling all the Killer bandwidth control drivers and other Killer software, and only use the Microsoft driver instead of the Rivet Networks one. Killer software is known to cause all kinds of network issues.

sleeplost

Try uninstalling all the Killer bandwidth control drivers and other Killer software, and only use the Microsoft driver instead of the Rivet Networks one. Killer software is known to cause all kinds of network issues.
Wow! So it turns out the Killer Control Driver wasn't the problem — it was some Rivet Networks software named something along the lines of "Killer Networks Suite" that, once uninstalled, made a massive difference. My greatest thanks, I would've never thought to look for the software to uninstall.