WireCast Preview like feature

naseem

i talked about that earlier this year in the forum, and i'm searching around in the threads looking for some one who the same interest.

to have the ability to check and modify the graphics on a preview screen before sending it live is an asset very much needed for live events. WireCast does that, but i cant get the encoder to work right with it! OBS has an awesome video encoding quality. i gave up on wirecast and xplit when i found OBS.

at the current time the best way i found to add in lower third titles and graphics is by setting up a graphics file to 1080p or 720p thus making sure the graphics will always land on the right screen position, its is the Macgyver solution but it works.

having a preview mode in OBS will make it easier to prepare graphics and titles. it will allow me to design segments and elements instead of preparing a screen composition templates, without the need to go back and forth saving PSD files in photoshop to JPGE then reload in OBS to update names and scores.

i did not see it on the future plans for it in April 22 release. but does this idea still exist for OBS? and will Devs consider it?

Krazy

Town drunk
This is likely a feature that won't happen any time soon. It's certainly a lot of work, and there are currently a lot of bugs and core features that still need to be worked on.

naseem

i had a feeling that this feature could be a pain in the neck for the code, i was expecting this response. i guess i'll keep using template and crossing fingers :P

but thanks for the response

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
For what it's worth, if you're updating your overlays with Photoshop, you can set OBS to automatically update the image when the source image is changed so you don't have to delete/re-add the source, or restart OBS. It's an option in the bitmap source.

naseem

i know that i have to open properties on the image in OBS and just click ok and it will update, but do you mean it will do that , by it self?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Yes. As soon as the source picture chances, it will automatically update on the screen. Just tick the "Check for file changes" box.

naseem

i made a quick action preset to save changes on the PNG in Photoshop just by pressing F2, at least i'll be able to modify the graphics instantly.

i wonder if swf will be supported too. i know a bit of action script 2.0 i can make a programmable animation script for moving lower thirds and titles. this would be awesome.

naseem

this is really handful thank you :D

one question, where is the alpha function i can use to remove the solid background?

i see this code
::-webkit-scrollbar { visibility: hidden; }
body { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); }

but i tried to play with it and the background still solid :\

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
You should probably ask about SWF things in the Browser plugin thread, as I am not very familiar with it and have never used it myself. Faruton, the developer of the plugin, is very active with regard to answering questions about it.