Question / Help Windows 7 update crunched OBS - help plz

PHY

Hello,

yesterday i thought "Hey, lets run a win 7 os update on all computers that anything is up to date" - apparently that was a bad decision because now OBS MP 64 Bit doesnt work anymore - it starts, but as soon i click stream it freezes and shows this:

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: BEX64
Anwendungsname: obs64.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 5515d12a
Fehlermodulname: MSVCR120.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 12.0.21005.1
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 524f83ff
Ausnahmeoffset: 000000000006dd3d
Ausnahmecode: c0000417
Ausnahmedaten: 0000000000000000
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 2263
Zusatzinformation 2: 2263f0e252a1643407b010b1018c688b
Zusatzinformation 3: af15
Zusatzinformation 4: af15481255860dcc4d0bb9df8eb5f164

Ive googled that this error should be related to the visual c++ installation, so i downloaded these (32 & 64 bit) and reinstalled them hoping it fixes the error, but it did not - here is what ive downloaded:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Can somebody tell me what i have to do to fix this error ?

Thanks so much.

PHY

Anyone ?

Iam not so sure if it really was about the windows updates causing this because ive just deinstalled all of them that got installed 2 days ago and OBS still crashing with the same error listed in first post.

Where is that MSVCR120.dll located at ? And where it should be placed ? I havent found that file in the OBS folder and windows search did not find it in the entire system.

Help plz.

Hi. Sorry you are having problems. I am using the 0.9.1 version of OBS Multiplatform and it's running fine with the latest patches installed. In case this helps msvcr120.dll should be in c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64 folders if you are running 64bit Windows 7. If you can't find this dll on your system then it would be worth reinstalling the VC Redist pointed at in the forum post about the test build, the link is below for reference. I guess you've already tried this from your posts but the dll is part of the redist and so if the dll is missing you'll need to try to reinstall, make sure you choose the x64 download.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

LesIzmoor

MSVCR120.dll is not an organic part of Windows 7. When you downloaded the Visual Studio package from Microsoft, you placed the .dll files somewhere, they should be easily located via a search of your C drive.

It is easier to keep track of these .dll files by creating a folder (I placed mine on my desktop so it's right in front of me) which I named "obs-studio" and then copy MSVCR120.dll into the folder. This folder also contains the 3 folders that OBS-MP-Win-0.9.1.zip extracts to, so everything OBS related is in one location.

Before considering reinstalling Windows, you may wish to navigate to your default user directory (it should be a folder with the same name as your computer), it is located at C:/Users/ *your computer's name*.

Then look for a hidden folder called "appdata" (if you need to make hidden folders visible, there are plenty of tutorials available on the web for how to do that), inside of appdata look for a folder called "Roaming". Inside of Roaming are numerous folders which contain your various application settings. There should be a folder called "obs-studio". If you delete this folder it should automagically be recreated the next time you run OBS. By deleting it, you are clearing out any old settings that possibly may be triggering the crash issue you are having.

Of important note: I am NOT a developer, I am NOT a super-user. I am just some guy who uses OBS a couple of times a week. I know I would be very hesitant to reinstall my operating system just because a single application is misbehaving and would try to completely remove any and all traces of said application prior to reinstalling it.

If you have already done all of this, I apologize for wasting your time.

Screen shot of the path to locate appdata, "Balderdash" is the name of that PC, hence its inclusion into the path.
appdata_path.jpg

PHY

Hello Adrian and Leslzmoor, deleting the obs folder in appdata/roaming did the trick ! It works again.

Thank you very much for that information !

Sad to say now iam facing a new problem regarding input resolution from my Hauppauge HD PVR2 device, but that for i will open a new thread as its different topic.

Again, thanks so much. :)