windows 11 black screen

cruel_hedgehog

Updated to windows 11. Now when capturing some games (warzone, battlefield, PUBG ...) I only see a black screen. I tested different capture modes, administrator rights, performance modes in windows11 - nothing helps. Captures only the windowed mode of applications.

deFrisselle

Hmm, thought they fixed that DX12 issue or is it the games Some don't play well with OBS Though I've never had issues with PUBG Could be a change made in Window 11 Welcome to beta testing If it is Windows, maybe it will be fixed by the update late this month
Try posting a Log on the chance it might shed some light on the issue

cruel_hedgehog

Welcome to beta testing If it is Windows
OBS is in the Windows 11 store. At the same time, there is no official support for Windows 11 - I think this is a file from the OBS developers, not Microsoft.

Laptop? Black screen when capturing? Read here first.
no, i have a desktop and one graphics adapter.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Please show some patience when making support requests. There is no log file provided in this thread that shows you attempting to capture a game, can you please provide a log file?

Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log

After trying to capture a game. I am on Windows 11 and have not had any issues related to capture. The Windows Store version is indeed submitted and maintained by us, and now that Windows 11 is released, we do support it. However, it uses an identical installer to the one on we use on the main website, there is nothing special about it.

Version 27.1.3 has not been approved by Microsoft (it's just pending final review, it should be approved in the next few days), so the version in the store is still 27.0.1. If you download this version, it will ask you to immediately update, which has been tested to work fine.

cruel_hedgehog

I found a possible cause, but haven't tested it yet, I have it enabled: Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduler
Although in Windows 10, it was also always enabled and this did not interfere with the stream.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Seems like BF4 worked fine (and looks like you are probably playing fullscreen and alt+tabbing out a lot?), but when you switch to Modern Warfare the hook is being blocked by something.

I'd check the known conflicts list here to make sure you're not running anything listed (or similar): https://obsproject.com/wiki/Known-Conflicts

koala

The Windows Store version is indeed submitted and maintained by us

If you look for "OBS" with a Windows 10 PC into the Windows Store, you will see this:

1633887848821.png

The only one that seems to contain OBS itself and not a guide or a different app is the first one, which costs 9,89 Euro. This seems not an official listing from the OBS developers - the other listings of that company might indicate this is a hijacker who tries to syphon money from well-known free open source software everyone can just sell on his own. Or is it really from you? I never read that company name in connection with OBS development.

cruel_hedgehog

Seems like BF4 worked fine (and looks like you are probably playing fullscreen and alt+tabbing out a lot?), but when you switch to Modern Warfare the hook is being blocked by something.
Yesterday the situation was the opposite: the stream Batelfield 4 did not start - there was also a black screen. On what depends - I do not understand. There have been no changes in the system during this time.
The game, of course, runs in full screen mode.

I pressed alt + tab to test the stream.

I have msi afterburner installed, but turning it on and off does not affect anything. Of course, I also tried to block RTSS.

cruel_hedgehog

a couple more nuances:
1) I tried to enable the stream via GeForce Experience - it works without problems.
2) do I need to try turning off Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduler or not?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
If you look for "OBS" with a Windows 10 PC into the Windows Store, you will see this:

The only one that seems to contain OBS itself and not a guide or a different app is the first one, which costs 9,89 Euro. This seems not an official listing from the OBS developers - the other listings of that company might indicate this is a hijacker who tries to syphon money from well-known free open source software everyone can just sell on his own. Or is it really from you? I never read that company name in connection with OBS development.

We are only listed in the Windows 11 store, and the first app in the Windows 10 store has already been reported, Microsoft's response is just at the speed of corporate.

We can't be listed in the Windows 10 store as they don't support Win32 application submissions, they have to be UWP. It's unclear if that will change, but it's expected either way.

a couple more nuances:
1) I tried to enable the stream via GeForce Experience - it works without problems.
2) do I need to try turning off Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduler or not?

I'd recommend uninstalling MSI and Riva just to be safe and rebooting to test. We've had reports disabling things in the UI doesn't actually work.

GFE captures at a driver level, so this isn't really an apples to apples comparison.

HAGS won't have any impact on game capture that I'm aware of, but feel free to test? I won't hurt anything to toggle it.

cruel_hedgehog

I'd recommend uninstalling MSI and Riva just to be safe and rebooting to test. We've had reports disabling things in the UI doesn't actually work.
GFE captures at a driver level, so this isn't really an apples to apples comparison.
HAGS won't have any impact on game capture that I'm aware of, but feel free to test? I won't hurt anything to toggle it.
I am writing a short report. The reason for the failure of the OBS was not found :(
Today only black screen is captured again.
I tried to remove MSI AB - it also does not help.
I don’t understand why it worked yesterday - but today it doesn’t work anymore. NOTHING has changed in the system.
log: https://obsproject.com/logs/eznAGIq1QhLdgvNz

cruel_hedgehog

plz help... OBS does not work in windows 11. I have tried everything. Only sound works on the broadcast. Instead of video, a black screen.

I tried to reinstall OBS, configure from the beginning, reinstall drivers on the video card, reset settings, enable / disable GPU scheduling, remove all applications with overlay, turn them back on, window capture modes, applications, priorities ... Nothing helps.

LonelYNighTWolF

I beg your pardon for my English. I am a user from Russia. After upgrading the operating system to Win 11. OBS stopped capturing game screens. I tried everything suggested above, but nothing helped to solve the problem.