Windows 10 Photos Black Screen in Windows Capture Mode

Fringe Wizard

I am right now trying to create a narration and I have about 60 photos open in full screen mode in Windows 10 and I have OBS set to capture it with Window Capture but no matter what I try it's always black. I can see if with Display capture but then I end up capturing things I don't want to capture, I want to capture only that window. Is this a bug and can it be fixed? I have spent hours and hours trying to get this to work with no success. Pic related is all I get.

2022-01-15 04h 55m 57s.png

GENGEN

1) Запустить OBS от имени администратора
2) Попробуйте захватить с захватом игры

GENGEN

Вам может помочь это
источник Слайд-шоу
Тут всё просто: загружаем несколько файлов files (файл или же папку с файлами), и они будут перелистываться. Примите параметры:
  • время смены слайдов — сколько секунд захвата, столько времени будет одно изображение, то другое;
  • обычная анимация;
  • на прозрачный фон перехода;
  • в случайном порядке;
  • света (от 0 до 100).

Fringe Wizard

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing OBS including wiping user settings and there is still a problem. It seems to be Window capture just doesn't work at all. I've tried to capture Xodo and I can't.

AidenDavis

If you haven’t used or shut down your computer for a long time, the PC may be in an abnormal state so that software like OBS runs abnormally too. Multi-GPU recording environment is the most common reason for game capture, laptop capture, browser capture and so on. When OBS and your target capture content are not on the same graphic card, OBS will have no way to recognize the image.

SkeletonBow

I've tested and confirmed that this particular program will not capture with OBS Window or Game capture in any of the modes it has available, and it is consistent with other users as well. This was currently tested on OBS 28.1.2 on Windows 10, while others are using other versions of Windows as well. Googling around suggests people have had this problem all along, and nobody can capture the program so it is not an issue specific to one or several people's systems, but rather seems to be just a systemic limitation, possibly even an intentional one by Microsoft as I've read that it also happens with other Windows Store apps.

The only way to capture this program with OBS is to use Display Capture which will capture anything that happens to show up on the display intentionally or otherwise so that is potentially dangerous. It is better to use a 3rd party program that works properly with OBS capture methods instead IMHO.

Don't waste your time reinstalling OBS, Windows, drivers or anything else as you're more likely to just create new problems than to solve anything.