Window Capture OR Command

Saucy

I'm assuming you're capturing the windows by their name correct? If so could I issue some kind of OR command (||) so that I don't have to change settings between games? :)

Example:
I play StarCraft II and StarCraft II Beta (Heart of The Swarm) and I would love it if I could just set the window capture to be:
Code:
StarCraft II || StarCraft II Beta
Maybe an advanced mode that just allow's us to type in the window name? Just like the above!

Thanks!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You should technically be able to capture both regardless, as long as the window class name doesn't change. It's designed to work if the window changes to a different name

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The classname changes to Beta as well for HotS. Maybe a list of windows would be a better option, then people could add all their games and be done with it.

Muf

Forum Moderator
R1CH said:
The classname changes to Beta as well for HotS. Maybe a list of windows would be a better option, then people could add all their games and be done with it.
But what if you ran both at the same time?
iconpubjoethink.gif

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
argh, why did they have to change the class name?

hm, I'll have to find an elegant way to add multi-window support at some point then. just have to make sure it's no harder to use than it already is.

it's unlikely, and unwise for a person to run two games at once, along with streaming software. but in that case it would probably just have to pick the one that was currently in focus.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
It's technically two different games, so it makes sense.

Perhaps a hotkey for Window capturing whatever window currently has focus would be good?

firrae

Would this not be the same issue with LoL. I've been looking for an alternative to xSplit for a while due to the costs associated with it and I've been looking for something that could use the "window" capture or "game source" option for LoL. Since it is technically 2 separate parts (the client and the actual game as I know it) this has caused an issue with the xSplit way. Does this correct for it? Or will that be where a list of some sort would help?