Why lock the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Barnes

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-or-xsplit.20594/

Ok so because they use the same x264 encoder the video will be identical in both programs...it's not possible they can be different? I understand YT trans-codes but it's tans-coding the 2 videos side by side so this should still capture any difference shouldn't it? This was also about resources used which I was going to follow up with...I don't see why you needed to lock the thread and force no further discussion. I just wanted to gauge what people thought without anyone knowing which is which...if the consensus is they're both the same...great.

David Barnes

ok thanks bud...

To be honest I can't see a difference in the originals so I guess in terms of quality they're the same, OBS does seem to use less resources though but there's not much in it 2-3% difference. But of course OBS is free :) Begs the question...what are you paying for with XSplit?

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
If you have a question about or dispute over how your thread is moderated PM a moderator directly instead of creating another thread. It was locked because aside from using completely flawed methodology that had users comparing useless Youtube-transcoded output, it really has no place on our support forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.